Catch Jake Allen playing right now in ESPNU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ill wait til a kids in college before I start knocking his play. Not getting on a soapbox or anything, but I don't think it can do anything good for the program, but it could do the opposite.
Seriously? Most Div 1 college players look like Dan Marino in HS. Even the Morningwhegs of the world did.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Great kid with a good heart that wants to be a gator and is doing everything in his power to recruit good players for us. I have alot of hope that he does well here.
He makes Trash look like an all american. Heart doesn't win football games, not when you are throwing 4 interceptions and rarely can complete anything that isn't a screen pass.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He makes Trash look like an all american. Heart doesn't win football games, not when you are throwing 4 interceptions and rarely can complete anything that isn't a screen pass.

I think I will skip the trashing of high school players who are all gator and will give him time to transition and develop. Something you dont understand. Haters are gonna hate. Is there any other incoming players you want to trash while your at it?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I only watched the first half also and its mostly what I had seen before from him. Maybe he does have some good potential but I think people are crazy if they think he could step in and have any success as a true freshman. You just don't see things on tape suggesting that could happen quickly. I would be really surprised if he isn't redshirted next season.
Did you catch the highlights from the first game between Chandler and Valdosta State? That QB from Chandler we picking them apart all game. Tight coverages, between defenders, deep routes.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
If Coach Mac is the so-called "quarterback whisperer" (self-proclaimed), I am yet to see it. Maybe he is waiting for his dog to sign his L.O.I. We could use Fido.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did you catch the highlights from the first game between Chandler and Valdosta State? That QB from Chandler we picking them apart all game. Tight coverages, between defenders, deep routes.

No I will have to watch some of the replay.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think I will skip the trashing of high school players who are all gator and will give him time to transition and develop. Something you dont understand. Haters are gonna hate. Is there any other incoming players you want to trash while your at it?
Nahh, he's pretty much the only one who looks like he needs another three years in high school.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One immutable characteristic of human nature = Hope is the foundation of all action i.e. no person takes
a step in any direction that they have no hope for that outcome. So, all results have streamed from hope.
One cannot shortchange hope, as it is the driving force.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Seriously? Most Div 1 college players look like Dan Marino in HS. Even the Morningwheg of the world did.
Its not about whether or not someone is right about a kid not being good, its just about not trashing kids while theyre kids. If he makes his way to the next level then its fair game, but HS kids? It just doesn't feel right to me, and I'm not some namby pamby everyones a winner kind guy.....quite the opposite.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch, but do any of you really think it makes a difference who our QB is with this coaching staff? I sure as hell don't. I've seen 4 different QBs start in the last 2 years and other than a quarter here and a series there, our offense has sucked no matter who's back there.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
One immutable characteristic of human nature = Hope is the foundation of all action i.e. no person takes
a step in any direction that they have no hope for that outcome. So, all results have streamed from hope.
One cannot shortchange hope, as it is the driving force.
Blind hope is a fools errand, hope in a course of action is less so, but hope in the face of facts is stupidity

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator