CBB: Marquise Caudill Charged Over In Game Fight

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I see what you're saying... so yeah, it's tolerated to the degree that there might be an ejection or a short term suspension but no criminal charges.
(e.g. Nolan Ryan not being charged for kicking Robin Ventura's ass).

Only 'Five for Fighting' though in hockey unless it's an egregious assault - then there may be some game time lost.
I mean, how many college football players avoid charges for beating up women? Again, it's tolerated.

BTW, that ava... Someone on the old board had that. Interesting you use it as I thought the bananas were funny.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I mean, how many college football players avoid charges for beating up women? Again, it's tolerated.

BTW, that ava... Someone on the old board had that. Interesting you use it as I thought the bananas were funny.

I kind of like the Nanners too... can't figure out the gender(s) though.
The one in the back must have some type of appendage judging by the look on the front one's face -

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well the Tommy Lewis question is part of it, but in general sports are an exception to criminal law. Most acts in football are crimes. Certainly all tackles are. Many defensive actions in basketball are criminal acts. All tags in baseball and any inside pitch in baseball are criminal acts. Hitting a shot directly at an opposing player in tennis is a criminal act. etc.

So I think it is hard to single out some things outside the rules and call them crimes but not others.

giphy.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I kind of like the Nanners too... can't figure out the gender(s) though.
The one in the back must have some type of appendage judging by the look on the front one's face -

That's too obvious. The one in front is sad, so it's gotta be the man.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well the Tommy Lewis question is part of it, but in general sports are an exception to criminal law. Most acts in football are crimes. Certainly all tackles are. Many defensive actions in basketball are criminal acts. All tags in baseball and any inside pitch in baseball are criminal acts. Hitting a shot directly at an opposing player in tennis is a criminal act. etc.

So I think it is hard to single out some things outside the rules and call them crimes but not others.

Most of the examples you provided aren't crimes, they are generally accepted actions within the normal boundaries of the game. Tackling in football is an accepted part of the game. Punching somebody in a basketball game, while the game action is stopped and then attempting to stomp the guy's head as he lays unconscious on the court seems to be outside the normal boundaries of the game, hence the criminal charges that were filed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.