Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Time to move on. If I was Mac, I would tell him you'll hear from us when we receive the LOI. If not, best of luck wherever you decide to go.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n171424 said:
This is what, the third time he's changed his story today?

Congrats Leo, the whole country now knows what kind of guy you are.

This is EXACTLY what I said earlier. His Dad has his own motives, to which we can only speculate. But the news of our DL coach was the perfect cover for him. I called this BS this morning.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
MJMGator;n171431 said:
Time to move on. If I was Mac, I would tell him you'll hear from us when we receive the LOI. If not, best of luck wherever you decide to go.

If its dad holding him up, I wouldnt give up on CC...

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Pull the scholarship and move on. This is drama we don't need. This is still Florida, and groveling to some attention whores is not what we're about around here.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Kid is a Gator. Hard to fault him for the attention whoreing his dad is doing.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
On the one chance in a thousand that CC reads our stuff, we aren't exactly helping the cause.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't J. Clowney wait until like a week or so after NSD to commit and sign his letter? Seemed like he wanted to do it on his b'day. It was worth the wait for USCe. Just saying...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
At some point--and we're approaching it at rapid pace--this recruiting game is going to implode. It's getting so out of hand. And it's not even just about this situation, or even Cowart, which also affected us. It's the whole thing. There's a UCLA/uga battle going on as we speak. The Alex Collins fiasco two years ago.

It's true that NSD is just the first day that kids can sign and not the last. But we used to have these antics in November and December. Then it became a trend to announce at an AllStar Game. Then it's NSD. Now we're allowing these kids to dictate things well beyond that point. Meanwhile, teams have stopped pursuing others at a certain position so as not to overload, and now are staring at a hole on their roster. And all of this is just weeks before the beginning of Spring practice preparation. And virtually every coach, including the bigger names, has been burned with this nonsense. The whole system needs an overhaul, including an early signing day in Nov/Dec to put some of this to rest. In any event, it's only going to get worse if it's not addressed.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
williston_gator;n171418 said:
Cece's dad - @frog2567: Yes we are holding out. Florida making to many coaching changes this is not a game it's my son life
Wut a blithering idiot,he is going to college not war,moron. And no there is no bagman

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n171436 said:
Pull the scholarship and move on. This is drama we don't need. This is still Florida, and groveling to some attention whores is not what we're about around here.

Who's groveling. That's exactly what the staff isn't doing, at least publicly.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
MJMGator;n171431 said:
This

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n171446 said:
At some point--and we're approaching it at rapid pace--this recruiting game is going to implode. It's getting so out of hand. And it's not even just about this situation, or even Cowart, which also affected us. It's the whole thing. There's a UCLA/uga battle going on as we speak. The Alex Collins fiasco two years ago.

It's true that NSD is just the first day that kids can sign and not the last. But we used to have these antics in November and December. Then it became a trend to announce at an AllStar Game. Then it's NSD. Now we're allowing these kids to dictate things well beyond that point. Meanwhile, teams have stopped pursuing others at a certain position so as not to overload, and now are staring at a hole on their roster. And all of this is just weeks before the beginning of Spring practice preparation. And virtually every coach, including the bigger names, has been burned with this nonsense. The whole system needs an overhaul, including an early signing day in Nov/Dec to put some of this to rest. In any event, it's only going to get worse if it's not addressed.

This is the tip of the iceberg of what is to come. The following of these kids on twitter/facebook and hanging on their every word. The back and forth from fans. It will not be long until some dumb ass fan thinks he knows a kid, then that kid chooses a rival school, and that dumb ass fan does something horrible. Both the participates and the fans are getting out of hand.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
dubster1;n171448 said:
Wut a blithering idiot,he is going to college not war,moron. And no there is no bagman

It's not like any other school he's considering they won't have coaching changes during Cece's school years. We don't need this drama. We want and need people that are 100% Gators. If his dad wants to nut hug elsewhere then be gone.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
OcalaGator83;n171436 said:
Been saying this for several months, what's not to like you're either a gator or you're not

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Someone's post on another board. Take it for what it's worth.

" I have friends and family in the school and everything I'm hearing is its all Leo just being dumb. Heck Cece has been texting Gator players and other commits all day telling them he's Gator. I talked to Cece's high school coach today who told me cece said he's 100% Gator and that hes a grown man and will sign the thing himself. But obviously he can't because of rules. It has nothing to do with the coaching changes that's just an excuse. Leo went to UF coaching staff and said if they gave him 60K he'll sign right now. So don't say he just wants him out of town. No, some school offered money so Leo wants that money and knows cece doesn't wanna go to that school. To me who's born and raised in Baker County and knows a lot of people there it looks like you don't know what your talking about."

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.