Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n171506 said:
And why would you think I would want anyone to beg? I am simply giving the recruit the benefit of the doubt. If its his dad screwing this up why blame the kid? Let it play out before the gator nation turns on the kid. If he makes the decision to play elsewhere, thats too bad. But from all indications, he wants to be a gator and I hope he ends up here.

I didn't blame anyone. Just said its to move on and tell him to send in the LOI or good luck elsewhere. I ask again, what do you propose they do? Beg? Write a check? Fire Mac?

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
MJMGator;n171507 said:
I didn't blame anyone. Just said its to move on and tell him to send in the LOI or good luck elsewhere. I ask again, what do you propose they do? Beg? Write a check? Fire Mac?

He could be trying to see if it would happen....

Additionally, as large of a part of me that wants to say "Stop the drama and just move on".... I can't help but feel for this (grown) kid. Seems he really wants to be a Gator and for his Dad to pull this? I mean wow. Almost seems like his Dad is living out his moment in the spotlight through his son's achievements AND/OR some under the table money was involved from elsewhere. Either way, this has to really suck for CeCe. Just my opinion and hopefully I didn't restate any other posts (I didn't read the whole thread.).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n171510 said:

Sounds very possible. I don't know what the truth is, but one thing's for sure...someone is lying and it's more than likely the one doing all the talking to the media and on Twitter.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
MJMGator;n171507 said:

Huh? Didnt you read what I wrote? LET IT PLAY OUT but dont give up on the kid. Give him support and remain positive until another decision is made.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n171481 said:
Regardless signing day was a success,,,,jack daniels,,coronas,and popcorn for every one :dubster:

I prefer the old Dubs popcorn emote....

:cry2:

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
MJMGator;n171514 said:
Sounds very possible. I don't know what the truth is, but one thing's for sure...someone is lying and it's more than likely the one doing all the talking to the media and on Twitter.

Without a doubt

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n171509 said:
Amen x2 to both of you. Hell, I haven't even posted the last couple weeks for fear of saying something dumb in the heat of the moment!

Yeah...yeah.... that never happens around here.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n171510 said:

Additionally, as large of a part of me that wants to say "Stop the drama and just move on".... I can't help but feel for this (grown) kid. Seems he really wants to be a Gator and for his Dad to pull this? I mean wow. Almost seems like his Dad is living out his moment in the spotlight through his son's achievements AND/OR some under the table money was involved from elsewhere. Either way, this has to really suck for CeCe. Just my opinion and hopefully I didn't restate any other posts (I didn't read the whole thread.).

:shocked:

The hell, you say!!!!!

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
Alagator;n171524 said:
Yeah...yeah.... that never happens around here.

Happens constantly; and I enjoy reading it (esp. Law)! I, however, do not have the post count to be that cocky.

Hey Ox! Why can't being an Alumni automatically get me "Senior Member"? Lol.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
WTH! I take one day off, leave you guys with the simple resposibility to get one last LOI in and you guys eff it up. What am I going to do with you? :headslap:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
LongTooth;n171470 said:
This fool has humiliated himself and his son, and the worst part is, he probably doesn't realize it, or care. No wonder all the women in the signing photo were looking over at the old dude like, "Uh-Oh."

this is disturbing.

I haven't watched the video, but taking that picture out of context as it is presented....maybe he ripped a major fart and that got the women's attention?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Caloosahatchee;n171531 said:
Happens constantly; and I enjoy reading it (esp. Law)! I, however, do not have the post count to be that cocky.

It makes you a level 15 Gator.....which is 14 levels higher than being a "senior member"

Caloosahatchee

I voted for Law!
Sep 12, 2014
GatorTAG;n171536 said:
WTH! I take one day off, leave you guys with the simple resposibility to get one last LOI in and you guys eff it up. What am I going to do with you? :headslap:

Let's start an online account on "Fund Me (or whatever the hell its called)" to outbid Auburn. Sent that shiit to CeCe's dad and it'll be signed, sealed, and deliver... err.. faxed.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Caloosahatchee;n171531 said:

Post count be damned...jump right in.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I understand the finances are not the same but if I may interject, every parent of an athlete who is about to receive a full scholarship should take a page from and conduct themselves like Calvin Broadus (aka SNOOP DOGG) did at his son's signing. Snoop's son signed with UCLA. Knowing that Snoop was a huge USC fan when they were winning, the TV hosts asked Snoop about his affinity for USC. Snoop replied that this was all about what was best for his son in all facets and that it was his son's decision and that he was there to help in any way thru the process. Way to go Snoop. In regards to this situation only, Snoop was the perfect parent. Now regarding some other things, well, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member