CENSORED BY OTHER BOARDS: A recruiting story that should make you all warm and cozy

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if I can take this thread anymore, it's gotten downright rational. No more obsessive hand wringing, no more sophomoric name calling of the coaches, no more belittling of another's point of view. Somebody insult somebody, quick!

... and instantly SwampDonkey complies with a dislike. Careful what you wish for around here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's Great

To be

Mediocre

It's Great

To be

Blown out

Repeat

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That can get you a 15th or so ranked class now nationally I think and you seem to think that can be acceptable if I read you right.
He thinks that's stellar and 25th is good enough.

All you need is a Three Star Whisperer.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
That can get you a 15th or so ranked class now nationally I think and you seem to think that can be acceptable if I read you right.

Last year there were 7 SEC teams in the top 14. That means it is possible to finish 15th and be 8th in the SEC.

I think 15th would be on the lower end of acceptable, but had not previously thought about that possibly being 8th in the SEC.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There are many more holes in the story that you don't care to acknowledge. I can reiterate them for you but I can't understand them for you. Would a powerpoint presentation with bullet points make it easier for you? In the end when 75% of the story is BS it calls into question the other 25%.
Let's set expectations now and divide SEC rankings into 3rds:
1-4) I'll take it
5-9) Ho-hum
10-14) :chickenlittle:

Most everybody else's classes are full or close to full. We have 11-15 spots to fill. If 5-6 of them are 4*s we could possibly finish 2nd or 3rd.
If everyone else's classes are full, why do we still have 15 spots to fill?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Personally I don't know as I do not have an intimate and exhaustive knowledge of the UAA, AD, recruiting staff etc. Nor do I have access to itineraries or transcripts of recruiting visits. It would be foolish of me to proffer an opinion on something I couldn't possibly have knowledge about. However I can read Rivals and I can see that most classes are full and ours is not. Via some simple extrapolation I can estimate what may happen given possible if not probable input.

TL:DR
Fcvk if I know.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

As I said above,

1. It might bad in that UF's coaches are not closing recruit like others.

2. It might be good that UF is in on a bunch of good recruits deciding late and UF will get its share.

3. It might be neutral as UF will not fill up as quickly as teams in less competitive states, ie LSU, UAL, UGa, UTx etc. UF has never filled up like those sort of teams.

and let me add another

4. It might be good that UF has not filled up on 15 plus 247 rated 3 star prospects like aTm (16 3 star commits), UTn (21 3 star commits), SoCar (17 3 star commits), Miami (15 3 star commits), UMd (21 3 star commits) and Miss State (19 3 star commits). All of these programs are ranked higher than UF now and if they actually sign these guys do not have room for many more players.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Last year there were 7 SEC teams in the top 14. That means it is possible to finish 15th and be 8th in the SEC.

I think 15th would be on the lower end of acceptable, but had not previously thought about that possibly being 8th in the SEC.

Yep 15th doesnt sound terrible when you hear the number but considering where it puts you in the SEC pecking order most recent years its not something you need to be getting more than one year here and there to have a chance at a conference championship.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Fair enough. I think the chances of us finishing around 10 are around the same as me growing a 3rd testicle, but I agree that time will tell.

Ahem.....it may be time to buy some new boxers. You're probably going to need some more room with the additional teste and all.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There was a bulge in my undies I noticed about an hour ago. Lo and behold, I got a third testicle!

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There was a bulge in my undies I noticed about an hour ago. Lo and behold, I got a third testicle!

That's good, because the original two were all shriveled up...or at least that's what Swamp Donkey said.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's good, because the original two were all shriveled up...or at least that's what Swamp Donkey said.
The third testicle grew in after his first two were removed as part of the Miata purchase. So he really still only has one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.