CFB Coaching Changes: LSU loses OC, fires DC

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
I would have definitely had him on a short list, should the need arisen next year. That said, he job-jumps a lot, and his one decent season was 2023. I had listened to quite a few of his press conferences, and thought he could be "the guy". He checks a lot of boxes, but I think we'd like to see some sustained success with him before pulling that trigger.

Instead, he takes the UW job- albeit for Napier-like terms- good for him, I guess. I'm not entirely sure how he wasn't able to parlay UW's advances into a much better contract with Arizona.

Maybe BN can get his ****e together in 2024- and this conversation is moot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would have definitely had him on a short list, should the need arisen next year. That said, he job-jumps a lot, and his one decent season was 2023. I had listened to quite a few of his press conferences, and thought he could be "the guy". He checks a lot of boxes, but I think we'd like to see some sustained success with him before pulling that trigger.

Instead, he takes the UW job- albeit for Napier-like terms- good for him, I guess. I'm not entirely sure how he wasn't able to parlay UW's advances into a much better contract with Arizona.

Maybe BN can get his ****e together in 2024- and this conversation is moot.
He had a great year this last year. But he had a lot of pretty lousy years. I don’t know…

cartman302

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2017
He had a great year this last year. But he had a lot of pretty lousy years. I don’t know…
It's hard to say- but any Gator should definitely entertain of a Spurrier "alum" coming home to coach Florida. Like I said, he checks a lot of boxes-- but he's had ONE good year, and then takes the Washington job- seems a tad flighty- although he has 55 Million reasons to do so.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Frost's name is coming up for the Zona job. You think they got fooled because Frost has national championship coach on his resume?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Frost's name is coming up for the Zona job. You think they got fooled because Frost has national championship coach on his resume?
I think he could be a fit out there. The problem with Nebraska is nobody wants to go live in Nebraska. They don’t have a national pull anymore.

Arizona can get some recruits. They have AZ, Texas, and Cali.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I also seen Barry Odom was a candidate for the Zona job. In that scenario, Brennan Marion gets the unlv job possibly. Then he'd move from this year's oc candidate to an hc candidate if he does good at unlv. Lol I'm 3 steps ahead here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.