CFB's Rising Star Coaching Candidates

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
There is going to be several big jobs open. Some have already mentioned Tamu and you know they will pay whatever to get whom they want. Im sure Kelly would be high on their list. I wll be surprised if we look at anything but leftovers.

Maybe Ox will kick in some Zima money.

I also dont seem to recall that crazy Oregon offense actually working vs SEC teams.

Yeah I could see that happening at A&M, but I think if Auburn has an average season they will get rid of they're coach and go after him. You know they're desperate to compete with Saban and unlike Jimbo, Kelly may not be afraid to compete against Saban.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think the next round of coaches will be much better for some reason. You may see some big names to the SEC.

Maybe not. Are there any Blockbusters still open? Foley and Stricklin can visit the old sale bins.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Mullen is a douche but he was also the architect of the last successful offense we had at UF. He's been pretty successful at a garbage program (Dude took ragidy a$$ Miss st to #1) he can recruit QB'S...his offense works...and he knows Florida. With our cheap a$$ admin He'll be the first guy called...watch! Btw...I think he would do well at UF...he's certainly better than the last 2 we've hired.

I said he'd be the first guy called, first. Lol. Don't know if I believe in Mullen as much as you do, kind of liked to have seen him get away from Miss St when he had a chance to land a bigger job a few years back and seen what he could have done at a bigger program. Him getting the job here is still a gamble to me, and I just hate for us to gamble on another football coach.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I'm afraid Stricklin will keep Mac one more year letting Mac try to fix things and we'll miss that chance. I can see it now.

The sad thing is, even if we canned Mac after this year. I doubt we'd win the bidding war for Kelly, not that we couldn't, just that we'd be too cheap.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
There is going to be several big jobs open. Some have already mentioned Tamu and you know they will pay whatever to get whom they want. Im sure Kelly would be high on their list. I wll be surprised if we look at anything but leftovers.

Maybe Ox will kick in some Zima money.

I also dont seem to recall that crazy Oregon offense actually working vs SEC teams.

Not that it couldn't work, many questioned Meyer's offense early on, but with the right players he got it rolling. Hell even when his was bad, it was better than we've seen lately.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
MULLEN WOULD BE A HR. Dak ring a bell? He's an ass but so what? It's football. Most HCs are complete asses. He's won at MSU in the hardest division in football. Recruits don't want to go to Mississippi. Have you seen it? It's Awful. We had no problem getting people here when TT was running the ball. You're argument is invalid.
I retract this statement after seeing he's like 5-29 vs the top 25. Yikes that's awful.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
So which one on this list will be our next coaching flop?
Too soon to be talking about ousting "Foley's Folly" until he has properly bottomed out.
I fear we are stuck with old Hee Haw for at least 2 more years.
I think that we would have been better off with Terry "Tater Tot" Bowden than Butters.

01717_gxPQZy922oN_600x450.jpg

"I CAN HELP BRING YOUR PROGRAM DOWN TO NEW LOWS TOO!"

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Too soon to be talking about ousting "Foley's Foley" until he has properly bottomed out.
I fear we are stuck with old Hee Haw for at least 2 more years.
I think that we would have been better off with Terry "Tater Tot" Bowden than Butters.

Well that would've been weird, but he's probably got more accomplished as a head coach than Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator