CFB's Rising Star Coaching Candidates

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
He just took a job w/ ESPN. Really surprised he didn't take a job last off-season. He'll be a big fish this coming off-season.

Is there a person on here(outside of 2222) that wouldn't think that Kelly is an upgrade over Mac?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Mullen is a douche but he was also the architect of the last successful offense we had at UF. He's been pretty successful at a garbage program (Dude took ragidy a$$ Miss st to #1) he can recruit QB'S...his offense works...and he knows Florida. With our cheap a$$ admin He'll be the first guy called...watch! Btw...I think he would do well at UF...he's certainly better than the last 2 we've hired.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mullen is a douche but he was also the architect of the last successful offense we had at UF. He's been pretty successful at a garbage program (Dude took ragidy a$$ Miss st to #1) he can recruit QB'S...his offense works...and he knows Florida. With our cheap a$$ admin He'll be the first guy called...watch! Btw...I think he would do well at UF...he's certainly better than the last 2 we've hired.

I normally agree with you.....not this time...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm afraid Stricklin will keep Mac one more year letting Mac try to fix things and we'll miss that chance. I can see it now.

I don't think they would pony up the cash anyhow. Foley is still running around like he's Emeritus AD or something. LOL. We need that money to lock up our chess coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
...he's certainly better than the last 2 we've hired.
He is the same. He started the problem of not being able to recruit offensive talent bc star receivers and recruits dont want to come and watch the QB run 30 times. Every star player he has ever had is best straight out of high school and has gotten worse the more he "teaches" them.

He cant recruit, primarily bc he is an azzhole. There is a reason no one has rescued him from Starkville.

Plus he is a steaming pile of shyt as a person.

At least Butters is a nice guy.

Id rather promote an interim than ever consider Mullett.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fit is important. As is SEC defenses get sliced apart by anyone who throws the ball if the have enough OL to stop the pass rush. It is probably worse than 1990 in that regard.

The first team that tries to do anything other than run the ball 80% of the time will tear this thing apart again. The star receivers will again be lining up and fleeing from all the Puntffenses.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
He is the same. He started the problem of not being able to recruit offensive talent bc star receivers and recruits dont want to come and watch the QB run 30 times. Every star player he has ever had is best straight out of high school and has gotten worse the more he "teaches" them.

He cant recruit, primarily bc he is an azzhole. There is a reason no one has rescued him from Starkville.

Id rather promote an interim than ever consider MulleN.
MULLEN WOULD BE A HR. Dak ring a bell? He's an ass but so what? It's football. Most HCs are complete asses. He's won at MSU in the hardest division in football. Recruits don't want to go to Mississippi. Have you seen it? It's Awful. We had no problem getting people here when TT was running the ball. You're argument is invalid.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Id rather promote an interim than ever consider Mullett.
Since 2010 Mississippi State has 56 wins
Since 2010 Florida has 56 wins

Dude has won 56 games with 2*/3* players in the WEST while we've won 56 games with 4*/5* players in the EAST.

He's doing something right!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Dude has won 56 games with 2*/3* players in the WEST while we've won 56 games with 4*/5* players in the EAST.

He's at his apex. Was fortunate to coach Tebow and Prescott. Other than that, what has he accomplished?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Sobering. Very very sobering.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
He's at his apex. Was fortunate to coach Tebow and Prescott. Other than that, what has he accomplished?
Look...I don't like him as a person but he's a decent coach. Btw...Tebow didn't play at Mississippi state...so he didn't have anything to do with those 56 wins he accomplished there. ;)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Look...I don't like him as a person but he's a decent coach. Btw...Tebow didn't play at Mississippi state...so he didn't have anything to do with those 56 wins he accomplished there. ;)

Has Miss State even had a winning record in SEC games besides 2014? I know its Miss State but he hasn't done much there for being there 7 years already.

He has been good at beating the lesser non SEC teams they play since he has been there but they don't have an OOC game against an FSU level team like we do every year.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has Miss State even had a winning record in SEC games besides 2014? I know its Miss State but he hasn't done much there for being there 7 years already.

He has been good at beating the lesser non SEC teams they play since he has been there but they don't have an OOC game against an FSU level team like we do every year.
Don't they get Kentucky every year too?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Missy State plays four cupcakes (always a 1AA and three geographic schools) per year, plus their cross division "rival" is UK.

That is 35 of those 56 wins. Ever look at his record vs the SEC or his record vs ranked teams?

The fact that he is the moron who took an SEC leading passer in Chris Leak and thought the best thing to do was run him in the option says it all. Yeah yeah yeah adapt the offense to the talent, whatever. Neverdone by him.

The ONLY time he used Leak properly was vs tOXu, and the rumors were, even at game time and announced by the broadcasters that Leak and others actually did that gameplan instead of Cousin Eddie (Eddie already had his head in Cowbell Lamd). He really has no clue what to do with the forward pass or anything but option option option. Even the Dak thing is instructive.

Did Dak know how to pass in college? We never saw any of that. Someone else actually taught him and used him correctly. This reminds me of people pimping Loeffler bc he made Stom Brady into a little used 6th round draft pick QB.

NO WAY NO HOW. That's like the toolbags who though hiring Zook back was a good thing. We got a gift getting rid of that SOB. Never re hire a failed coordinator.

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He just took a job w/ ESPN. Really surprised he didn't take a job last off-season. He'll be a big fish this coming off-season.

We could probably win big with him, but I don't have the confidence in our higher ups any more to make a big splash hire like that. He'll end up somewhere else and be super successful, hopefully not to anyone else in our conference.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is going to be several big jobs open. Some have already mentioned Tamu and you know they will pay whatever to get whom they want. Im sure Kelly would be high on their list. I wll be surprised if we look at anything but leftovers.

Maybe Ox will kick in some Zima money.

I also dont seem to recall that crazy Oregon offense actually working vs SEC teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator