Changes to the Program Already

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Media will have more access to players and will be able to sit in on more practice periods. There will also be some media availability in the football offices/coaches meeting rooms. Not sure if this is temporary to give more fan engagement for the rest of the season or this is the new norm now that Mac is gone, but its a welcome change compared to the lock down with paranoid Mac at the helm.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is Seider taking over the play calling?

Have they replaced Nord w/ one of the QA coaches?

Is Nussmeir still "coaching" our players?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

1. Probably not

2. They should

3. What he was doing wasn't considered coaching in the first place so... no by default I guess.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
paranoid Mac

Wow 8802, good call. Mac's paranoia stems from his self-awareness all along that he is not a UF-worthy HC. His fraudulent spirit caused him to lie often. Can't teach kids dishonestly -- you're just going through the pretense and they cannot put useable confidence in his instructions. McElwain's sham-speaking is incoherent as we've all seen in his pressers. Mac's fake foundation underminds the thinking & honesty of his entire staff, of our players. Ergo no-go on player developments = players "dumbed-down" at each position, fake practicing week after week throughout their CFB careers!

When did he? Lord, I wish not but who else we got? Be great to send Nuss packing and really great opportunity for Spurrier to become emergency OC for rest of year. I worry that Stricklin et al are overlooking Steve. However, IMO Steve's recent interview admissions that he'd like to be an OC somewhere. As Steve had to be observing that Nussmac was totally failing, perhaps he was handing out hints to the administration. Best therapy for UF's present dire situation would be Steve's stark honesty and wonderful humor. I bet by 2 games SOS's directions would improve the UF Offense, players' confidence, along with better player usage.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
With how our offense performed it makes you wonder if Mac invited opposing coaches to be locked into his secret meetings with him

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When did he? Lord, I wish not but who else we got? Be great to send Nuss packing and really great opportunity for Spurrier to become emergency OC for rest of year. I worry that Stricklin et al are overlooking Steve. However, IMO Steve's recent interview admissions that he'd like to be an OC somewhere. As Steve had to be observing that Nussmac was totally failing, perhaps he was handing out hints to the administration. Best therapy for UF's present dire situation would be Steve's stark honesty and wonderful humor. I bet by 2 games SOS's directions would improve the UF Offense, players' confidence, along with better player usage.
If he wanted to be a QB coach I would welcome him, but not sure I want him as the OC. I don't know if he would be willing to put in all the hours coaching and recruiting that it takes for that role. If he wants to be a QB coach/consultant I would be in full approval of that.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he wanted to be a QB coach I would welcome him, but not sure I want him as the OC. I don't know if he would be willing to put in all the hours coaching and recruiting that it takes for that role. If he wants to be a QB coach/consultant I would be in full approval of that.
Maybe even not have him part of the official staff. That way when the offseason comes around and coaches aren't supposed to have contact with players in an on the field capacity he can still meet with the QBs and work with them.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With how our offense performed it makes you wonder if Mac invited opposing coaches to be locked into his secret meetings with him
Well supposedly Michigan was laughing on the sideline because they knew every play we were gonna run based on formations and our predictability, so no need for them to actually sit in on meetings. They had better **** to do.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

1.No
2.No
3. Yes
( Don't shoot the messenger)
Shannon repeated what he has to- that Nuss is the OC.
Shannon will be following offense progress up daily both at practice and ( daily) meetings with the offensive coaches.
Shannon indicated he had some changes to discuss wiith Nuss and indicated he would have input.

(If it is true that Nuss and Shannon almost came to blows, his attendance at offense meetings and his input most likely will not be met with warm fuzzies and a PBJ sandwich.)

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
1.No
2.No
3. Yes
( Don't shoot the messenger)
Shannon repeated what he has to- that Nuss is the OC.
Shannon will be following offense progress up daily both at practice and ( daily) meetings with the offensive coaches.
Shannon indicated he had some changes to discuss wiith Nuss and indicated he would have input.

(If it is true that Nuss and Shannon almost came to blows, his attendance at offense meetings and his input most likely will not be met with warm fuzzies and a PBJ sandwich.)

Not good news for Franks I wouldn't imagine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When did he? Lord, I wish not but who else we got? Be great to send Nuss packing and really great opportunity for Spurrier to become emergency OC for rest of year.
This is turbo stupid.

We would get an asst or even a QA coach maybe. Some who knows the damn play book the kids know. A coach can't learn a playbook in two days (before install) and the kids can't learn the new coach's playbook even in two or three months.

PUHHHHHLLLLLLLEEEEZE. Let it go. It's INSANE.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is turbo stupid.

We would get an asst or even a QA coach maybe. Some who knows the damn play book the kids know. A coach can't learn a playbook in two days (before install) and the kids can't learn the new coach's playbook even in two or three months.

PUHHHHHLLLLLLLEEEEZE. Let it go. It's INSANE.

what.gif

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can I just watch something that appears to have some form of cohesion and plan before the end of the season, thank you.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Steve would call a better game knowing only 10 plays than Nuss with the entire playbook

But he'd still be doing it with the same limited QBs and WRs that stack upon each other. It may not help.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Steve would call a better game knowing only 10 plays than Nuss with the entire playbook
Steve has a mind like a steel trap! I guarantee you he knows most of the playbook by just watching the games. And could probably tell you the weaknesses and strengths of every one!

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Media will have more access to players and will be able to sit in on more practice periods. There will also be some media availability in the football offices/coaches meeting rooms. Not sure if this is temporary to give more fan engagement for the rest of the season or this is the new norm now that Mac is gone, but its a welcome change compared to the lock down with paranoid Mac at the helm.
Window dressing! Randy is making a run at the full time job, as he should. Problem is he has about as much of a chance as Terry Bowden, Charlie Weis, Mark Mangino, or the Lame Kitten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.