Chauncey Gardner story

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Original_movie_poster_for_Being_There.jpg
IF you have never seen this movie it is a must for people that love comedy. Peter Sellers was a genius and this was his best (to me). His character ended up being called Chauncey Garniner............when I heard the name of this player I thought it had to be a joke..................btw I love this player.
One of my favorites (love Peter Sellers), even though I can't stand Shirley McClain.
In the movie, he was Chance the Gardner (he was the gardener) and they did actually call him Chauncey Gardner (not Garniner) because they mistook him for someone else (and he ended up being an advisor to the President).
http://www.bing.com/search?q=being+there+cast&src=IE-TopResult&FORM=IETR02&conversationid=

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I misspelled it up there. I meant Gardenier........I loved it when he spoke about gardening and they took it as his ideas about the economy.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Great story and thanks for sharing. I always appreciate a player and his family who remember that they are here to get a regular education in addition to a football (or whatever sport) one.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wait... so Chauncey is in an AT&T store, buying the latest iPhone7, wearing a Ralph Lauren pullover 1/2 zip, sporting a thick gold chain w/ a solid gold lion's head and Jordan athletic shorts?

And who doesn't think we have a bagman?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Wait... so Chauncey is in an AT&T store, buying the latest iPhone7, wearing a Ralph Lauren pullover 1/2 zip, sporting a thick gold chain w/ a solid gold lion's head and Jordan athletic shorts?

Chump change... Where's the Dodge Challenger?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Carrying a 3.8 GPA with his mother there saying that's the "stat" she cares most about. I've got a kid at UF wearing nice things and making good grades...other than me, there's no bagman.

:racist:

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I had a cool encounter meeting Chauncey at my job on Christmas eve with his mom before he was set to head out to Tampa for the Outback bowl. Super cool guy and very respectable. With his success on the field this year, his mom only had one stat she wanted to talk about; his 3.8 gpa this semester. On his way out the door I told him to do work against those Iowa boys. I guess he took my advice hahaha. Anyways it was just good to meet the young man and his family and he's a guy I'll be rooting for and someone I'm glad is representing the Orange and Blue! View attachment 4797
He looks like a baller, but who's the taller guy?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
so.... why did this turn into a Brevard County circle jerk thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.