Status
Not open for further replies.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If the rumors are true and he's waiting to talk to UCLA we're f**ked. I would imagine the money that we and UCLA could offer would be pretty equal. It means there are other intangibles about UCLA that intrigue him. If he's not sure about Florida enough to say yes when we were in front of him with contract in hand then I don't feel confident that he will be out next coach.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
http://www.inallkindsofweather.com/blog/chasing-chip-live-ticker-updates.html

UPDATE 9:34pm Sunday: multiple sources have told me that Chip Kelly and Florida have reached an agreement to make Kelly the 27th coach of the Florida Gators. Each of the sources confirmed that an announcement will not be made tonight, but that they expect it to be made within 24 hours.

The deal might have been signed a few hours ago, as the son of UF search leader Andy Fawbush indicated with this tweet. And UF players certainly helped ignite the anxiety with a choreographed tweet storm earlier this evening.

More details will become available, including confirmation by the school, so keep checking for updates…

Lets step away from the ledge....at least a couple steps anyways. If there is no announcement by this time tomorrow evening, then Prozac it is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're in a bidding war with UCLA. Love to know what our top figure is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If the rumors are true and he's waiting to talk to UCLA we're f**ked. I would imagine the money that we and UCLA could offer would be pretty equal. It means there are other intangibles about UCLA that intrigue him. If he's not sure about Florida enough to say yes when we were in front of him with contract in hand then I don't feel confident that he will be out next coach.

The only intangible I can think of that would matter to a New Hampshire loner is being able to get lost in the din of LA versus being the omnipresent king of the hill in G'ville.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Everything about this just screams that we are not ready, or truly even desiring, to be a championship caliber program again. The rumors of wanting to wait so as not to upset players who’ve fought hard enough to earn a 1-2 record with the current interim staff is looking more and more accurate. Once the Bruins lost last night and speculation on Mora’s future began, we suddenly spring into action, apparently leaving the arrogant, passive slumber we were in. Now, it’s simply too late to just march up and demand a signing and we’re the one being vetted and and compared against another. Reactionary business at its finest.

All those “I’m here, not there” selfie tweets are suddenly not nearly as cool.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I say our 50/50 is more like 65-35.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hmm. Ink with us, but still wants to meet with UCLA? Did they sign papers in pencil? Maybe just another wrinkle to cause drama?
What was being reported was that the UAA was flying up to get contract signed. They were on the ground for 2 hours. Presumably they flew up there with the expectation of getting it signed. So people reported that it was signed. Maybe when they got there Chip said hold on I want to talk to UCLA and the UAA is going home empty handed. Maybe not. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was listening a little to that podcast posted a few pages back and Franz Beard was all pissed off at people for doubting him. This is tha same Fanz Beard who on that very podcast said the "ink was dry" and the deal was done.

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.