Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like most of the updated news leaks out in the evening, can't wait to see the emotional rollercoaster we'll see again tonight. I'm thinking we still won't have any clearer answers. Really don't get why they would want to wait till after the Fsu game to announce Kelly, if he's the hire. Most of the fanbase has already written that game off as a loss and are desperately wanting some good news involving their football program. Hell if anything, it would add excitement to the fanbase and team I think, probably still lose, but at least we'd know the future would be bright.
Can you point to one time that a coach was named as a permanent head coach for a major university football team in which they were announced prior to the end of the regular season? I can't for the life of me think of it happening.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If we don't cash in on the Chip Kelly sweepstakes. I have a bad feeling going forward with Recruits... SS has to close the deal.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
From people that are well trusted and don’t screw arond.

Florida flew up with 100% certainty this was getting signed. They had contract in hand. News broke about UCLA while in the air.

Florida wasn’t there very long. You can speculate Chip changed his mind, or they signed and it’s done. I don’t see how Florida wouldn’t be royally pissed and headed towards option two if kelly said he now wants to think about it. It’s not a job you think about. And that’s how it should be treated. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.

From everything I can tell from piecing everything gator guys have said and yes, pay attention to the paid members of Florida media aside from those dickhead losers at the Gainesville Sun, and not the national media who have zero connection to Florida, says it’s signed and done.

Why Florida would want to wait and drive the entire fan base crazy is beyond me. Do they feel like it might distract from a very very important FSU game? No. Not inmy opinion. It might actually make the underclassmen play even harder knowing big dick Kelly is walking into the building.

Take everything for what it’s worth, but I can’t for the life of me believe he wants to be at UCLA.

I do want to add on, I read all of this via non pay sites (Reddit, twitter, Facebook, texts from friends, etc) but the info seems to all head back to goldkamp. I think that dude is great and I wouldn’t want to NOT say he didn’t say it first.

I’ve said it a million times they don’t mess around with bs. I liked being over there because they were super real with their members.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Sorry if MOM, but have the recruits tweeted any concerns? Considering the multiple “” tweets that went out this weekend... If they’re not panicking, it might be a good sign.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Florida flew up with 100% certainty this was getting signed. They had contract in hand. News broke about UCLA while in the air.

Florida wasn’t there very long. You can speculate Chip changed his mind, or they signed and it’s done. I don’t see how Florida wouldn’t be royally pissed and headed towards option two if kelly said he now wants to think about it. It’s not a job you think about. And that’s how it should be treated. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity.

You could have just stopped there.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

From everything I can tell from piecing everything gator guys have said and yes, pay attention to the paid members of Florida media aside from those dickhead losers at the Gainesville Sun, and not the national media who have zero connection to Florida, says it’s signed and done.

Why Florida would want to wait and drive the entire fan base crazy is beyond me. Do they feel like it might distract from a very very important FSU game? No. Not inmy opinion. It might actually make the underclassmen play even harder knowing big dick Kelly is walking into the building.

Take everything for what it’s worth, but I can’t for the life of me believe he wants to be at UCLA.

I do want to add on, I read all of this via non pay sites (Reddit, twitter, Facebook, texts from friends, etc) but the info seems to all head back to goldkamp. I think that dude is great and I wouldn’t want to NOT say he didn’t say it first.

I’ve said it a million times they don’t mess around with bs. I liked being over there because they were super real with their members.
THIS^^^
Announcing before FSU and having a bunch of recruits there watching the game would whip them into a frenzy. This could be set up in a way as not to cut the legs out from underneath Shannon. Coaches are auditioning as well as players. Respect Shannon, but DANG IT! Do not soft play the future in reference to the (immediate) past.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I can't for the life of me believe that he didn't already know that the UCLA job wasn't going to be open...one of the worst kept secrets in NCAA history. There is 0 chance he didn't know so them firing Mora likely changes nothing.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Can you point to one time that a coach was named as a permanent head coach for a major university football team in which they were announced prior to the end of the regular season? I can't for the life of me think of it happening.
Cryer at Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.