Not open for further replies.

Huddersfield

Nov 10, 2017
why?
Terms of his contract with 49's?

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I know this is page 178 in the ever changing subject line of most important topic in years, but I am posting this entry at this time to say I have been reading along and all the drama, arguing, humor, and speculation are Hilarious.

Here's to another 178!
:waiting::lmao::waiting:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since that’s always been the 800 pound gorilla in the room with a Kelly hire, it makes no sense not to have addressed that up front before the really heavy lifting got started. If there are doubts about it at this late date, that’s troubling.
Oh I am sure it was addressed and passed through multiple levels. The pres is the final sign off. I imagine there's a governance doc out there that will show you the levels of approval.

I've been associated with about 4 large contracts/purchases each taking several months of due diligence. The CEO is consulted along the way. Once the details are ironed out the CEO steps in and does the last blessing face to face with some pretty pointed questions.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just gonna throw this out there. If we happen to miss on our top 2 targets, and settle for a real second tier guy(Strong, Mullen, Taggart), while in the process, losing at minimum our best recruit and hopeful savior QB...you could make a valid argument that unless our move at mid season saved us a legit 6-8 million, we may have been better served giving JM another season.

This is in no way an endorsement of the clown we just fired. But just to keep Corrall and the others in the mix, it may have been worth it because I’m not sure those second tier guys are better by enough to lock ourselves into another 3-4 years of stagnant play. Either way we’re screwed.

This may be the first time that Sofla has ever gotten dislikes.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell was all the talk about the contract negotiations previous to this supposed “interview” then? Everyone and their mother seemed to have the inside track on the negotiating to CK’s contract. You mean to tell me for more than two weeks, last night was the first time he’s been interviewed? And if it was a good interview, with everything that’s already transpired, the contract deal never got thrown into the situation?
Speculation by people who don't know ****. People outside looking in.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
They were actually saying today that UCLA alumni do not want a coach that could potentially embarrass the university. They mentioned his show cause and the recent China events as reason that they might not even be able to pursue him as alumni are threatening to pull money.

Don’t know how much is true, just something I saw today.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As I said about 50 pages ago – I think the plan all along has been to not introduce a new coach until after FSU.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I just talked to John Ivory and asked him if Buddy elaborated on why he must wait until the end of the college season. He said that the implication was that his contract said Chip could not be a coach with a team until the following season (2018). If he were to be hired by any team (pro or college) before their (respective) 2017 season was over that technically he was hired during that season even if he performed no coaching duties. So, it kind of makes sense.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Oh I am sure it was addressed and passed through multiple levels. The pres is the final sign off. I imagine there's a governance doc out there that will show you the levels of approval.

I've been associated with about 4 large contracts/purchases each taking several months of due diligence. The CEO is consulted along the way. Once the details are ironed out the CEO steps in and does the last blessing face to face with some pretty pointed questions.
The wrinkle is that you telegraph also-ran to your other potentials in a seller’s market. Doesn’t your scenario assume an agreement in principle?

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not disagreeing that they are better. But are they enough of a step up to justify this? Sucking is sucking. But again, just throwing it out there. I may just be going insane from all of this.
No, but if we miss on the good ones, keeping Shannon as interim for a year with no buyout might make sense.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I’m going to go on the assumption that he is signed and will be announced next Monday. Not going to stress about it. Either he’s our coach or he’s not, we will survive either way. I think he is our guy though. Patience.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Follow the UCLA visit: their sources say a meeting hasn’t happened yet. They reversed their previous info that they already had.

If he meets, he’s not signed. It’s that simple. It’s going to be a long week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.