Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
By the way, for those that don't know Gatorious designed our header:

chatter4.png
Well then he is a gentleman and a scholar and a great American, and even greater Gator.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he told our AD & Pres FACE TO FACE that he needed more time...POLITELY no thanks.

What don't you understand?
Hey shytbird, what dont you understand? We don't draw up contracts and fly someplace with them in hand. These things are negotiated over several days. We sent him a couple of drafts they made revision send it back we agreed or disagreed and change some things. All that happened days ago, late last week.

He isnt going to UCLA. UCLA is in WDWHA mode and talking about NFL guys.

We arent saying WDWHA and searching for our next option.

Stop panicking. You look silly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Im just trying to get a jump start in what "snag" in the negotiations will be tomorrow. Today its his san fran contract. The other day it was sec comish. I can't keep up with all the excuses. What's "sources " gonna say tomorrow?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he signed yesterday or agreed in principal and the NFL thing is the hold up. I think that is awesome.

If he told our AD & Pres FACE TO FACE that he needed more time...POLITELY no thanks.

What don't you understand?
My friend, we are NEVER going to know the truth of who said what when, so why don't we all just be happy when he's announced?

The assertion that we shouldn't want Chip Kelly after 7 years of the worst offenses in the country because he may have told management he wanted to explore all of his job options is ludicrous. We should be kissing the man's bare feet just for considering saving us from this nightmare.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
So where did the “to be announced after FSU” thread title update info come from?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Im just trying to get a jump start in what "snag" in the negotiations will be tomorrow. Today its his san fran contract. The other day it was sec comish. I can't keep up with all the excuses. What's "sources " gonna say tomorrow?
Battered Wife Syndrome.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My friend, we are NEVER going to know the truth of who said what when, so why don't we all just be happy when he's announced?

The assertion that we shouldn't want Chip Kelly after 7 years of the worst offenses in the country because he may have told management he wanted to explore all of his job options is ludicrous. We should be kissing the man's bare feet just for considering saving us from this nightmare.

Dude, I agree. ANd I am sure it won't ever come out if that happened which it probably didn't. I just made the off-hand comment that will probably never be brought up again. I never bad-mouthed Chip or STrick. Just made an observation. ANd some of you freaked out. Taking it to the Chat Box? Come on dude...never expected that from you.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
December 2nd is the earliest we've announced any coaching hires since and including Spurrier, who was announced on 12/31/89.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't understand this attitude. We are the University of Florida. We have 3 football NCs. Chip Kelly has none. The opportunity to coach at UF is so superior to any other opening out there because it's pretty much guaranteed he can win championships here. Every time UF has gotten a great coach, NCs have followed. He knows this. He knows it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't buy the whole "UF is in desperation mode" crap. Yeah we've sucked for a while, but we're still UF and dammit, we're still the best job in the country.
:chomp:

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Got to call major BULL$1T on the trip last night!
Ok been sitting back all day. Reading all the media. NO WAY anyone with any business sense loads up the whole Clamped clan on a plane to negotiate a MAJOR deal on the contra parties home field unless they believe beyond a doubt the deal was done. You don’t need the receptionist to negotiate. They where duped buy CK, played like a cheap guitar. He won the round unanimously.

Now we look like a bunch of dopes, bush league!

Time to move on publicly. Take the deal back. Make him come to us then see where his heart is.

Damn I am pissed.

Go Gators!

Have you really thought this thru?
Chip gets a 5 mill payday if he is not coaching at the end of a college or pro teams end of season. I'm thinking 5 mil is HUGE.
Our season will end this weekend.
We sent all the muscle up to NH the other day(thank god the plane didn't crash or fooley would be driving the bus going forward)
They left with some claiming a deal. Others ( the paid propaganda media) saying to slow down nothing to report.

It's done just waiting for the final whistle this weekend.

Simple and clean

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I'm not sure I buy the whole he can't sign until after the FSU game crap. Although I want it to be true it just seems to be the next opportunity to hold onto a glimmer of hope.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Have you really thought this thru?
Chip gets a 5 mill payday if he is not coaching at the end of a college or pro teams end of season. I'm thinking 5 mil is HUGE.
Our season will end this weekend.
We sent all the muscle up to NH the other day(thank god the plane didn't crash or fooley would be driving the bus going forward)
They left with some claiming a deal. Others ( the paid propaganda media) saying to slow down nothing to report.

It's done just waiting for the final whistle this weekend.

Simple and clean

Damn well hope so! But you can still selectivly leak the deal out, create the positive buzz and announce next week. Right now we look stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.