Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Have you really thought this thru?
Chip gets a 5 mill payday if he is not coaching at the end of a college or pro teams end of season. I'm thinking 5 mil is HUGE.
Our season will end this weekend.
We sent all the muscle up to NH the other day(thank god the plane didn't crash or fooley would be driving the bus going forward)
They left with some claiming a deal. Others ( the paid propaganda media) saying to slow down nothing to report.

It's done just waiting for the final whistle this weekend.

Simple and clean

This makes no sense to me. If the SF deal is as reported. You make the contract effective the day after the season ends and sign it immediately. No need to wait to sign or announce.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Damn well hope so! But you can still selectivly leak the deal out, create the positive buzz and announce next week. Right now we look stupid.

Ton of leaks last night... then the politburo came out and dampened the news.

One of those leaks were way "inside" too.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I don't understand this attitude. We are the University of Florida. We have 3 football NCs. Chip Kelly has none. The opportunity to coach at UF is so superior to any other opening out there because it's pretty much guaranteed he can win championships here. Every time UF has gotten a great coach, NCs have followed. He knows this. He knows it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. I don't buy the whole "UF is in desperation mode" crap. Yeah we've sucked for a while, but we're still UF and dammit, we're still the best job in the country.
:chomp:

Seriously, Nav? Matt Corral was in 3rd grade when Tebow won our last MNC. Let that sink in. These kids are on the edge of never witnessing Gator Greatness, which means the UF brand is slipping towards irrelevance.

I don’t believe CK is our only hope, but if he’s interested, UF better make every reasonable effort to bring in the only proven (P5) offensive coach available at the moment.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. Yeah we've sucked for a while, but we're still UF and dammit, we're still the best job in the country.
:chomp:
Yup. That's why he took the job and why he looked like Michael Jackson staring at a new boy while eyeballing that Gator head logo on espn.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
“way inside” pleeeeeeaaase! wtf!
This has been a :trainwreck:

It's only a train wreck because the fans (i.e. the people on this board, or other boards, or twitter) think they know what's going on, or worse, what should be going on. Have any of us negotiated with a potential employee who can command millions of dollars a year? Rather than thinking what we know should be happening, which we don't, we should just be patient and wait it out. But wait . . . without all this rampant speculation, there wouldn't be a message board, where we can :stirpot:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Quarter Million Page Views.... On this thread alone. I'd say interest in Gator Football is still going strong. Kelly can right our ship quickly. Bianchi can EABOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.