Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortcast

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2015
Not bashing Shortcast or any other members, but I'm surprised at the number of people in this thread who say they are confident in SS or they trust SS. What has he done in his short tenure at UF to earn our trust or confidence? If he pulls off a Kelly or Frost hire he deserves it. Until then his ability to identify and hire a good/great football coach is unknown at best.

Just based on a gut feeling about the guy and watching how he has handled things so far. I get the feeling he could be a pretty good poker player. I'm not saying he has to land Kelly either to be classified a winner, but someone who will fill the bill for us.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You know the way it works, at least two boards (university and UAA)have to approve contracts that large.

Look, I have no clue why it was said they wanted to wait til after the FSU game but they said it from the beginning. I can't think of a reason why. I thought that meant after Frost or Norvell were done. It does however appear to be some thing they are committed to.

I know the process and I also know it's one tremendously good reason why you have competent professionals represent you on the front lines rather than hacks. If we got a commitment, the chances of the Board denying it were slim and none. We'd already done our due diligence on the guy and the SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is Dan Mullen the most realistic third at this point?
Dan Mullen is never the answer. UAA won't touch him.

Strong probably. But why? I hope they just go interim if we can't get a champion.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The thought of Mullen making it into the discussion repulses me.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
I have to go on what you have to go on what the media has to go on. That we are on hold waiting on a decision. That means no intense pursuit elsewhere. Every day that goes by with us holding out on Kelly holds us up on actively pursuing another candidate.

The only ones holding out on Kelly are us the fans. I seriously doubt the administration isn't doing it's due diligence this time and covering their butts with all possibilities. After nearly a decade of football misery, I think they all know that this is the most important decision they'll make in a very long time.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
You see that dog turd there on the ground? Yeah that one! You get to lick that turd if we end up with Mullen.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're 50/50 at this point and I'm okay with it either way. If it doesn't happen, it wasn't meant to be. I just hope we go balls to the walls for Frost if Kelly opts for UCLA. And who knows? Maybe that ends up being the better long-term solution.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're 50/50 at this point and I'm okay with it either way. If it doesn't happen, it wasn't meant to be. I just hope we go balls to the walls for Frost if Kelly opts for UCLA. And who knows? Maybe that ends up being the better long-term solution.

Frost won’t take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.