Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
See, that's the point. It doesn't make one GD bit of difference if they "did anything wrong". They are paid to get the job done. They targeted their guy, CK. There are only two options at that point, success (sign him) or failure (he goes elsewhere). All this "well, they gave it the old college try" bs is for losers.
If we don't hire Kelly, they did a lot wrong. Stricklin played his cute lil twitter game and if he gets his pants pulled down, if reflects on UF. He could have handled it much differently.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If one of my guys tells me “It’s 50/50”...then he lost the deal.

Ox, I hope your source is dead wrong, but I know he’s not some internet wonk making guesses.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Plan A - Kelly, Frost, or Mullen if they all say no

Plan B is Strong,,,

That was the tailgate talk in the parking lot before the game last week.

I am sure, like all of this, it is speculation.

Strong before Mullen.....MHO

Strong Checks most of the boxes.
UF Ties
Recruits FLA
Can and Has Won
Knows the SEC
Communicates Very Well
Coaching Tree (Spurrier, Holtz, Meyer)
HS Kids and Mommas Love Him
No NCAA Baggage

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Hey Chip let me offer you a 50/50 opportunity to coach the Florida Gators. You can either coach UF or anyone else but please sign the dotted line.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017

I realize that. But the point is after Frost and Kelly, then who? Settle for Mullen? Norvell?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love Charley Strong and he is one of the few leftover coaches who wouldn't force me to just turn it off this time, but Itraz is slingin truth.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's Kelly, Frost and then the field.

Without intimate knowledge of what they're thinking, I can almost assure you the UAA is thinking the same.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Without intimate knowledge of what they're thinking, I can almost assure you the UAA is thinking the same.

I think you're right. Kelly and Frost are the only home run hires out there. Anybody else and we've hit a double at best.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin has the energy, confidence and right age. But I do not think our uptight admin will ever go for him.
Kiffin is a 40 year old adolescent that is always a minute away from embarrassing the hell out of you. How many coaches do you know that were fired on the tarmac and left off the plane home? Al Davis? One night stand with the Vols? Gimme a fuggin break with the Kiffey BS.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Still gonna sting to have to grovel to UCF’s coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.