Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
OMG @ the angst!!!!

Seriously, the rumors go back and forth every day, wait until tomorrow, it will be UF again.

FACT: Chip Kelly is an outside the box thinker and nobody can predict what he is going to do. Even people who worked with him did not know he was married, for gods sakes. He is Belichick-like, really odd.

We have to wait and see and I hope like hell we have backup plans in place. From day one he was not my favorite, Frost was. I think CK is an odd fit for UF. His success at Oregon is hard to argue with, but the rest of it just does not seem to fit as well as Frost does.

If we miss on Frost too, that will be hard to deal with. But I am hoping for 1 of them. (Insert the WE ARE FLORIDA DAMMIT stuff here)

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Kiffin is a 40 year old adolescent that is always a minute away from embarrassing the hell out of you. How many coaches do you know that were fired on the tarmac and left off the plane home? Al Davis? One night stand with the Vols? Gimme a fuggin break with the Kiffey BS.

CK is no angel. I was'nt advocating for Kiffin just exploring the leftovers.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Here we go with the ebb again. UCLA's season finale is Friday night against California. If the contract offset theory holds water, we could see an announcement as early as Saturday.

UF has nothing to be ashamed of regardless the outcome. We gave it a good honest shot. Based on my reading, if Kelly goes to UCLA, it's more a familiarity/comfort thing than money. I'm not sure there's enough money in the world to overcome that.

Let's go get Frost if it comes to that.
If we have nothing to be ashamed of then why will every single one of our rivals, and even the programs that aren't our rivals, be laughing their asses off at us? Why will it completely destroy our recruiting momentum? It will be the most publicized coaching search failure in the age of social media.

If CK chooses UCLA we will be looking at being in the unenviable situation where the only chance of saving face will be to pay a guy fuking 7 million dollars a year whose claim to fame is one and a half good seasons as UCF's head coach. And if we miss on both CK and SF then the hiring of SS is going to look very questionable and we deserve to eat the public sh*t sandwich we will be served. False bravado will just make us look more pathetic. You take your beating, let your rivals have their laugh then tell them we are picking up the pieces and moving forward and the guys who were in charge of this get a big ding on their record, and their are no 3rd chances so they know where they stand going forward.

All these "well if he doesn't want to bow to the Gator Brand WDWHA" and "we gave it our best shot and can hold our heads up high" makes us sound even more pathetic, more Tennessee-like and is the same pumper bullsh#t we've been hearing for how many years now?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Still gonna sting to have to grovel to UCF’s coach.

He's a Kelly pupil. He knows why we went after the mentor before him. It may actually take some of the heat off his hire. You know we have to do it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin is a 40 year old adolescent that is always a minute away from embarrassing the hell out of you. How many coaches do you know that were fired on the tarmac and left off the plane home? Al Davis? One night stand with the Vols? Gimme a fuggin break with the Kiffey BS.
In a way, it would be funny to see him acting a fool. and he would be like an interim in that he will absolutely fvkk up and we can fire him at any time when a better coach is available.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can also confirm that Frost is the backup plan, but they expect quite a battle with Nebraska.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In a way, it would be funny to see him acting a fool. and he would be like an interim in that he will absolutely fvkk up and we can fire him at any time when a better coach is available.
If we’re looking for entertainment value, gimme Leach. At least he’s a likable buffoon.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014

If we miss on our top prospects you tell me the better choice ?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's a Kelly pupil. He knows why we went after the mentor before him. It may actually take some of the heat off his hire. You know we have to do it.
Of course we do, but it’s still gonna sting.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There is a guy out there thats won a national title in the SEC. Not advocating, just saying. He'd be a stop gap measure type fill is all.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Charlie Strong is the best of the rest. If he would even consider it. If he has the fire in his belly I would go hard after him and bring in a top level, proven OC with him. Not a bad gig in Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator