Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Just got home from Thanksgiving dinner with a big UCLA fan. Goes to multiple home games a year and was at last week's SC/UCLA game. His level of indifference about UCLA football in general and Chip Kelly specifically was not surprising as I've lived with that for 30 years living out here on the west coast. However, it was infuriating based on what's on the line. UCLA football is an afterthought even in the mind of UCLA fans (its all about BB to them). If we loose Chip to them, it will speak volumes about the commitment and or competence of the UF Administration regarding the football program.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really doubt UM has talked with any media about offers or anything business related. He is very private and isn’t just going to mouth off to a basketball guy. If anything he may have planted BS in an effort to get his friend leverage.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
I for one hope that Chip Kelly chooses us like the rest of you, however, if he goes elsewhere like half of the population thinks he will... I know we’ll be alright. There’s plenty of good coaches available if chpper F’s us in the A. Starting with:
Frost
Fuentes
Campbell
Norvell
*Stoops*

*Can’t hurts to try with Stoops. I’d bet my left nut he’d say no, but I still believe it’s worth it!

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Just got home from Thanksgiving dinner with a big UCLA fan. Goes to multiple home games a year and was at last week's SC/UCLA game. His level of indifference about UCLA football in general and Chip Kelly specifically was not surprising as I've lived with that for 30 years living out here on the west coast. However, it was infuriating based on what's on the line. UCLA football is an afterthought even in the mind of UCLA fans (its all about BB to them). If we loose Chip to them, it will speak volumes about the commitment and or competence of the UF Administration regarding the football program.
If he doesn't want to come here we don't want him. That isn't sour grapes, it is just reality. SOS was an alum and wanted to make us great. Meyer picked us over a long time dream and legacy school. If he wants to lead the Gators, so be it. If he would be the second best job college football job in the city of Los Angeles, I don't want him anywhere near my Gators any way. SS should drive the Brinks truck to Frost's place in Orlando and make it rain.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
That brinks truck should have gone to New Hampshire. Getting blown out by Michigan and beating the Maryland's and Memphis' of the world doesn't impress me all that much.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
That brinks truck should have gone to New Hampshire. Getting blown out by Michigan and beating the Maryland's and Memphis' of the world doesn't impress me all that much.
I agree. But you can't miss on both Frost and Kelly. I'd give Frost a big salary but a low buy out if we fire. And a large buyout to Nebraska.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I agree. But you can't miss on both Frost and Kelly. I'd give Frost a big salary but a low buy out if we fire. And a large buyout to Nebraska.
I get it. Frost could be the next great one, but he's far from proven. I'd rather pivot to Shaw if Kelly chooses to play second fiddle to SC.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
I really doubt UM has talked with any media about offers or anything business related. He is very private and isn’t just going to mouth off to a basketball guy. If anything he may have planted BS in an effort to get his friend leverage.
I don’t have a clue as to the accuracy or validity of what he was saying. I don’t like to assume anything. I was just more or less gossiping what was said. Wondering if anyone else had heard that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I get it. Frost could be the next great one, but he's far from proven. I'd rather pivot to Shaw if Kelly chooses to play second fiddle to SC.
Shaw? I think I'd pivot to suicide if I i had to watch more ball control offense

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
If he doesn't want to come here we don't want him. That isn't sour grapes, it is just reality. SOS was an alum and wanted to make us great. Meyer picked us over a long time dream and legacy school. If he wants to lead the Gators, so be it. If he would be the second best job college football job in the city of Los Angeles, I don't want him anywhere near my Gators any way. SS should drive the Brinks truck to Frost's place in Orlando and make it rain.

If I recall correctly, it was Meyer's Dad that told him if he wanted to coach Notre Dame he should go there, but if he wanted to find the quickest way to winning a title then Florida was the right pick. Hopefully CK feels the same way!

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
I don’t have a clue as to the accuracy or validity of what he was saying. I don’t like to assume anything. I was just more or less gossiping what was said. Wondering if anyone else had heard that.
Good Lord no! NO more Pro Style HC's.
Well wait... Is Shaw strictly pro-style? And look at the offenses he’s had at Stanford and some of his players... Mcaffery... Bryce Love... He’s done some really good things for the Cardinals

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have you ever heard Urban Meyer or anyone else discuss this before tonight? Okay, he's lying.
I heard Urban Meyer himself say he was most attracted to Penn State before the OSU thing came open.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord no! NO more Pro Style HC's.
I don't recall us every having a pro style HC.

We've had a few 1970s college style HCs.

Hell we haven't even had a guy who has heard of the forward pass since (edit) 2005.

Last edited:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Well wait... Is Shaw strictly pro-style? And look at the offenses he’s had at Stanford and some of his players... Mcaffery... Bryce Love... He’s done some really good things for the Cardinals
True, and he can keep doing them for the Cards.. Not interested at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.