Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I WANT to believe Stricklin will do the right thing, but this is still the same guy who gave an extension/raise to Butters and Nutfire

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
I WANT to believe Stricklin will do the right thing, but this is still the same guy who gave an extension/raise to Butters and Nutfire

I think his past mistakes make a difference in this decision. At least I’m hoping

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Welcome aboard!

That's true, at first we were told it was no Mullen and no Kelly. That was probably true at the beginning. From what I understand Kelly likely wasn't the top target - in fact, it was implied that they didn't think he was interested in the job, at least at first.
That's so crazy. It's like a plague of low expectations. There was a time when I think everyone would just assume that best guy out there wanted Florida if the job was open. Then Foley decided to turn us into the Tijuana flea market of the college coaching world. There's got to be a cultural shift around the program where winning big is expected again. Chip Kelly is a winner who I think can bring the swagger back.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's so crazy. It's like a plague of low expectations. There was a time when I think everyone would just assume that best guy out there wanted Florida if the job was open. Then Foley decided to turn us into the Tijuana flea market of the college coaching world. There's got to be a cultural shift around the program where winning big is expected again. Chip Kelly is a winner who I think can bring the swagger back.

It's all about the HC. Hire the right guy, and the program takes on his persona. If he's a championship HC, he creates a championship environment. If he sucks, you get what we have now.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
It's all about the HC. Hire the right guy, and the program takes on his persona. If he's a championship HC, he creates a championship environment. If he sucks, you get what we have now.
Yeah, I couldn't agree more. I remember being slack-jawed at the Muschamp hire. It was like he had amnesia from the Zook hire. Mac made a bit more sense as he had at least been a head coach - but to be option one? Sweet dancing Moses...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to you and all the other noobs. Post more please.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Word from multiple sites seem to all be the same. Fine tuning the contract is where we sit with an announcement after if they agree. All signs point to kelly, with too many people all saying the same thing.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.