Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Our AD has played it cool this entire process. He got a jump on UT and others and knows that he can't waste his advantage. Kelly is the guy and the worst scenario would be for word to leak that the deal fell through. Kelly would spin it that he didn't want the job and of course we would say he wasn't our top candidate. The problem is that as guys start to say they are not interested the process gets poisoned by the rejections and we end up getting "Zooked" or 'Chumped". I like the way Stricklin has handled this process and believe he will bring it home. If not tomorrow soon.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Their cheap as f*ck that's why it's so hard. As long as fans show up on sat to watch a piss poor product they'll continue to drag ass on building anything!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Word from multiple sites seem to all be the same. Fine tuning the contract is where we sit with an announcement after if they agree. All signs point to kelly, with too many people all saying the same thing.

giphy.gif

zombomeme16112017185853.jpg

BigAngryOne

Nov 16, 2017
  • They are hoping/expecting to announce Kelly on Friday - they want it done before the weekend for recruiting purposes.
  • UF is considering turning down a bowl game (if eligible) to focus on recruiting
  • Hoping to keep Randy Shannon for recruiting reasons, but he may get other offers
  • No names for OC are being floated yet
This is legitimate information. Take it or leave it.

The pay boards will be hiding this post behind their paywalls. It's going to be all over social media here shortly.

Discuss.

usatsi_8224235-1.jpg
  • They are hoping/expecting to announce Kelly on Friday - they want it done before the weekend for recruiting purposes.
  • UF is considering turning down a bowl game (if eligible) to focus on recruiting
  • Hoping to keep Randy Shannon for recruiting reasons, but he may get other offers
  • No names for OC are being floated yet
This is legitimate information. Take it or leave it.

The pay boards will be hiding this post behind their paywalls. It's going to be all over social media here shortly.

Discuss.

usatsi_8224235-1.jpg

BigAngryOne

Nov 16, 2017
Why would they wait if it’s Kelly. There is nothing tying him down collegiate wise, I.e. rest of season and/or bowl game. Seems to me they would make an announcement ASAP regardless of staff. Not going against the grain, I hope they hire him. Just seems a bit off.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Why would they wait if it’s Kelly. There is nothing tying him down collegiate wise, I.e. rest of season and/or bowl game. Seems to me they would make an announcement ASAP regardless of staff. Not going against the grain, I hope they hire him. Just seems a bit off.
Word is they’re not waiting. It’s back and forth contract negotiations

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I've heard this ad nauseam. I don't believe it works like that. This is a coaching search. Not a Chip Kelly search. Even if the likely hire has been identified, you never just solely focus on one guy. The process has to play out. Be patient. This is a negotiation after all. What do you suppose Chip's representatives would do if they caught wind of UF only negotiating with them? I'm willing to bet that the asking price will rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.