Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Yes it made us look like a joke sending the actual President there when the deal wasn't done if this falls through. We would be ragging the sh*t out of our rivals if the same thing happened to them.

Landing Frost is the only thing to take the sting off of this.
Honestly baffled why UAA chose to play it this way. We came, we saw, we kissed the ring. The message is out to Frost and everyone else: also-ran.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Let me get this straight...IF Kelly decides to go elsewhere because he is a dickweed, its our screw up? If he doesnt want to be the coach at Florida we sure wouldnt want to try and force him right?
Certainly can't force him. However, the question that needs answering is why would any coach with no allegiance to either school prefer UCLA over UF. Seems to me there is something rotten in Denmark.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
At least I got to hear Doug Gotlieb today trash UCLA again and said if Kelly wanted to matter in college football again he would come to us. Seems to be the only one pulling for him to come here.

He also trashed UCF as a second rate school that should be grateful they are even ranked with their schedule.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly baffled why UAA chose to play it this way. We came, we saw, we kissed the ring. The message is out to Frost and everyone else: also-ran.

Yep you never send the President unless the deal is already done. The only other top school I remember screwing up and doing that was ND with Meyer.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
What if Chip said “Scott, I’ve been talking to you for a week now, and I’m intrigued but I really need to meet the key decision makers face to face, and then I’ll sleep on it in a few days and make a decision. Otherwise it’s not going to work.”

What are you doing if something like that happens??

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
______ would not be the answer IMHO, see Texas. Who would want to come and play for Strong over Saban, Mahlzan, Smart, or whom ever Tinerc and aTm hire? Who ya taking in a _____ versus Saban, Mahlzan, or Smart game?

...blahblahblah ...

I hold out a glimmer of hope the SS can pull this off but make no mistake, there is a monumental drop off after CK and SF IMO.

You pick out Strong as if whatever is left over changes the meaning of the sentence if you insert their names. If we miss out on CK and SF, at least Strong is solidified in the state of Florida and understands the dynamics of coaching at UF versus anyone else out there being mentioned. Norvell? pass. Campbell? good God no. The only other option that understands how to coach at UF is a guy we can't mention here, and I don't think we want him nor he wants us. Tyggart is the only other guy.

Strong is who I hope they go after if we whiff on CK and SF. The rest of them are a waste of $ imo.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Until we know all the facts, including the possibility that Kelly misled or lied, it's all conjecture. But I do agree that the scenario laid out would not shine favorably on us.

Let's gather all the facts first.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let me get this straight...IF Kelly decides to go elsewhere because he is a dickweed, its our screw up? If he doesnt want to be the coach at Florida we sure wouldnt want to try and force him right?
Absolutely it is a terrible failure.

Did you see UCLA gettting off the bird? FSU? No, if they get rebuffed, they will claim WDWHA. That's the way a competent AD plays the game.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Until we know all the facts, including the possibility that Kelly misled or lied, it's all conjecture. But I do agree that the scenario laid out would not shine favorably on us.

Let's gather all the facts first.
Granted. Tomorrow the wind will be blowing in another direction, without doubt.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, so USF doesn't run an offense under Charlie. Did y'all just see THAT!

He took that over but not sure what to think of Strong because I am convinced that Louisville success was 90% on that QB who made every tough throw in college.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Absolutely it is a terrible failure.

Did you see UCLA gettting off the bird? FSU? No, if they get rebuffed, they will claim WDWHA. That's the way a competent AD plays the game.

So, you basically are saying that Chip Kelly has no say in the situation? If Kelly actually isnt signed and we find out he just doesnt want to deal with the sec pressure and would rather go to a non pressure situation and make the same money or possibly more money, its our fault? Thats pretty funny. If we never approached him at all, everyone would want SS fired tomorrow.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Never in my life have I dreamt the naming of a new UF head coach would feel anticlimactic. I think I'm headed for a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.