Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mim Jacelwain

Oct 30, 2017
With so many of you coming unhinged over the Kelly speculation, I thought you might appreciate a voice of reason.

Despite the Gators wanting a coach in as quickly as possible due to the early signing period, this search remains young. It could end in a snap if UF decides to tap Kelly for the job, or it could extend another two-plus weeks. There is also the consideration that both sides may want it to look like interest — or a negotiation — is not far down the road as leverage to ensure they get what they want from one another. So while (the Chris Low) report certainly does not put Kelly at Florida immediately, it also should not worry anyone in the “Kelly or bust” camp at this time.

https://www.onlygators.com/11/12/20...ker-candidates-tracker-updates-news-analysis/
I think he wants this job pretty bad, just wants some investment from the higher ups, maybe this will get our administration into the 21 st century.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I heard he wants this job as bad as he wanted the Philly job. Yes, he's trying to change the thinking of the administration and thats going to be tough.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he wants the job if the terms, which involve a wide variety of things, can be worked out.

Two things are very clear here. Kelly wants to return to coaching and he is going to be -- and can afford to be -- very picky about where that somewhere is.

It's up to us to be willing to bridge the gap.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
OMG!
scared_stressed_woman_biting_her_nails_cg1p75911769c_th.jpg

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
I think he wants the job if the terms, which involve a wide variety of things, can be worked out.

Two things are very clear here. Kelly wants to return to coaching and he is going to be -- and can afford to be -- very picky about where that somewhere is.

It's up to us to be willing to bridge the gap.

I want Chip but I do have a concern that I haven't seen discussed.
Our program is a mess currently, it needs to be rebooted. At Oregon Kelly didn't build the machine Belotti did and simply handed it over to Chip.

Is he the man to completely turn this thing around?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I want Chip but I do have a concern that I haven't seen discussed.
Our program is a mess currently, it needs to be rebooted. At Oregon Kelly didn't build the machine Belotti did and simply handed it over to Chip.

Is he the man to completely turn this thing around?

With the right staff and right recruiters, yes. The Kelly name carries a lot more clout now than it did when he arrived at Oregon. Assistants and recruits alike would bend over backward to work with him at UF. The buzz surrounding the program would be off the charts.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
At this point it is Kelly or bust. If they brought back Mullin and his Spin to Win, I will be more than just a bit disappointed. I wouldn't even be mulling wasting my time watching that bull sh it. Look, he is a decent coach but will always lose around three games and you can book it that he will never be seen with the elite names.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
Makes me throw up in my mouth a little, I brought his BS hook line and sinker!
Yeah, let's not make another video like this until our new coach has a couple SEC title's and playoff runs under his belt. Grab all the video you want of his arrival, his presser, his philosophical approach to life, how special the "brand" is, etc,..etc...BUT let's just put it into a vault until the dude prove he can deliver. Once he does that, hell...let's make a 30 for 30 out of it...but until then...no more faith....no more hope....just results.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, he is a decent coach but will always lose around three games and you can book it that he will never be seen with the elite names.
He is a terrible recruiter and he wont be anywhere elite recruits.

He brings a mediocre to bottom tier offense. He as been at the bottom the SEC in offensive production most of his career.

Hell, his QB is currently stuck w a worse QBR than Franks while being strangled by Pussmeier.

I sure hope if he moves that he goes to Tinerc.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's the exact opposite of what I heard. He was very interested but his price is too steep. He will command (and get) proven coach money.

Clearly we heard different things. It will be interesting to see the cost of Chip vs. Frost

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hopefully we get Chip soon and we dont have to worry about Frost

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
He is a terrible recruiter and he wont be anywhere elite recruits.

He brings a mediocre to bottom tier offense. He as been at the bottom the SEC in offensive production most of his career.

Hell, his QB is currently stuck w a worse QBR than Franks while being strangled by Pussmeier.

I hope SS is listening and not even considering bringing that guy back. I'd hope he would reach out to Gundy and even Les Miles before he brought Mullen back here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly is NOT going to be forced to hire a staff full of FIU shyt. I dont blame him.

This is probably really chaffing the old tightazzes at UAA.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone able to corroborate what this guy said re Martin and Beard and the length of the contract? Interesting comment even if he's just another Twitter doofus.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I'm just tired if all the game day shows talking about the tennerC job and not ours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator