Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I also think about them giving our job little coverage is because they know the opening is likely taken and there isn't much to talk about aside from speculation. This is a good thing, in my opinion.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
I also think about them giving our job little coverage is because they know the opening is likely taken and there isn't much to talk about aside from speculation. This is a good thing, in my opinion.
I have also been thinking that it's eerily quiet with the national media on the Gators search. Maybe Stricklin's statements about privacy and his Twitter posts have thrown the national media off.

I would love for the new coach to be Frost, Kelly would also a great get. But I'm wondering if Stricklin's got a different surprise up his sleeve.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I hope SS is listening and not even considering bringing that guy back. I'd hope he would reach out to Gundy and even Les Miles before he brought Mullen back here.

Not sure that Les Miles brand of offense would go over well here, and I doubt he’d change it, he never did at LSU.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin strikes me as more tech-savvy than Foley. Foley was old-school. If he had an interest in a guy, he'd hop on an airplane and go see him. That's pretty easy to track.

Stricklin needs only a desk, a phone and a laptop to sleuth his way through the laborious phase of contract negotiation. It's him, the lawyers and the other side. The only chance that info leaks outside the doors of the UAA is through, well, staff leaks.

Ox is working one such leak. It'll be interesting to see if he's able to obtain any updates this weekend or if this thing continues through its quiet phase as the lawyers pour over contract details and continue to negotiate.

Don't give up on the Kelly story. It's not dead by any stretch.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I have also been thinking that it's eerily quiet with the national media on the Gators search. Maybe Stricklin's statements about privacy and his Twitter posts have thrown the national media off.

I would love for the new coach to be Frost, Kelly would also a great get. But I'm wondering if Stricklin's got a different surprise up his sleeve.

That’s what is scaring people. Lol

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Stricklin strikes me as more tech-savvy guy than Foley. Foley was old-school. If he had an interest in a guy, he'd hop on an airplane and go see him. That's pretty easy to track.

Stricklin needs only a desk, a phone and a laptop to sleuth his way through the laborious phase of contract negotiation. It's him, the lawyers and the other side. The only chance that info leaks outside the doors of the UAA is through, well, staff leaks.

Ox is working one such leak. It'll be interesting to see if he's able to obtain any updates this weekend or if this thing continues through its quiet phase as the lawyers pour over contract details and continue to negotiate.

Don't give up on the Kelly story. It's not dead by any stretch.

He did get an update, they said “soon”

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Les Miles will NOT come anywhere near UF. He was fired for his 3 yards n a cloud of dust offense.. I live in LA, all day long on the radio all i heard were fans who wanted him out for the past 4-5 years.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
My belief is that SS and the Admin thought this was a business as usual hire. When they got interest from CK they probably just started putting the money together. Same old same old. Then from what I have read Chip had a "Come to Jesus" conversation with SS and President Fuchs. Basically setting in the reality that UF has lost its prestige in football and furthermore your facilities are shyt. If you want to be a showcase program competing for championships, like we had at Oregan or how Alabama is built, then you got to stop talking and start doing. He laid it all out, a grand plan. It was so far off their radar screen that it blew their minds. So now here we are playing catch up. I still thinks its Kelly but only if we guarantee the pieces to complete Chips vision. Them pieces take time to put together.

Go Gators!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member