Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well, they’re saving some money with not having to pay a buyout to get Chip, they saved money when separating from Mac. No reason for the deal to die because of this, they need to get this done.

Money aside. It's just logistically difficult to build that fast.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So this begs the question. When has Kelly seen the facilities?

In any case I doubt we see a presser today (Friday).

gatorbait1906

Nov 29, 2016
Money aside. It's just logistically difficult to build that fast.

I hear you but, if they truly commit to it, it should be done no later than spring ball of 2020.

Plus they’ve already done some research and leg work with bids . Wasn’t the original goal by the beginning-mid of 2019?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
he might not be able to guarantee it finishes on time, construction rarely does, but they can make a commitment to break ground at a specific time and you can continue raising money as it is in the process.
Reasonable and, perhaps, a compromise that could be agreed to, but it is not"done in 19"..

Kaybru

Jan 4, 2017
Give Gatorade or Exactech Naming rights and let them cough up a nice check to help cover the stand alone facility. Make up the rest of the funds with contributions and loans. Every other SEC school has went into debt to build new stand alones FF.
#GetChip2TheSwamp

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it’s Friday and I don’t see a press conference...

#FakeNews

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
All of the Kelly speculation took off based on an unsubstantiated report from Franz Beard on 247. Early this morning (Friday, 11/17) Beard posted a CYA column that essentially says “no news isn’t news” and this little nugget:

“The last thing Scott Stricklin needs is to name a new football coach at UF and for the Gator Nation to feel deflated and that’s what will happen if Kelly isn’t the guy.”

Translation: if Kelly isn’t the guy it will deflate Franz Beard’s credibility even further. He’s the one who touched off the frenzy of speculation and now he wants to blame Scott Stricklin if he (Beard) was wrong?

I’ve got my reservations about Kelly due to his “show cause” and likely desire to return to the NFL. I hope UF’s next coach has a successful 10-12 year run. Frost seems the guy to me & I’d be more excited by Stoops than Kelly. But whether or not Kelly becomes the hire, Beard’s report was premature and decidedly unhelpful to the process or to his readers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, when did Kelly tour the facilities to learn how bad they are? Is he on campus now?
His people meet with our people. His trusted people walk around take pics. It isnt hard.

I wouldnt surprise me at all if they havent actual met face to face. The trip to the cabin is always the last thing to occur.

Last edited:

Keene-Flint

Nov 3, 2017
What happens next in the Kelly situation? There seems to be two camps that indicate nothing was ever happening and the other that says its all being hammered out and to be patient. What is the next step for each? If the "he was never coming here" camp turns out to be right who do we get and how much of a let down is it? I cant imagine Gatornation being okay with anyone other than Kelly or Frost and if we miss on Kelly does Frost even want to come after this whole week?
Thanks for your insights in advance!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Anticipation

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread