Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Starting to get that pessimistic feeling that I’ve known all too well with this program the last decade. We blow this and I’ll lose all faith in the admin (unless we hear Chip just didn’t want to come here etc)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly is basically putting the heat on them to get the all in one done quickly. He wants to win and win now so he's making sure he gets everything he wants in writing so he can walk if they breach the contract.

It’s embarrassing that we have a reputation for being cheap. We make more money than 95% of the teams out there and we won’t invest in our infrastructure. It’s downright embarrassing.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think there's any doubt we land Kelly. Just don't know if it will be today.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone is making too big of a deal about the timeline of the facilities. It can happen within the timeline if you are willing to spend the money. Chip may not even require a tight timeline. Stricklin may be able to present out timeline and Kelly finds it acceptable and agree. Let's not flip out. BTW, the UAA sent UF $25MM in 2016 which was a high contribution. When I see the 2017 financials posted I'll try to start a thread so we have actual numbers and facts to reference.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This much publicized craziness over Chip Kelly must be off-putting to all other prospective
HC hires. Surely, it would make any of them reluctant to nest among a fan-base that has its mind set on Kelly to the exclusion of all others. They'd have to acknowledge that it wouldn't take long for that fanbase to turn against a non-Kelly HC. So, many with a presently good situation should be more inclined simply to stay put and not come here. And any coach we'd desire to hire has to have created a good situation where he is. No wonder Stricklin stays away from commenting in any way.

It's a done deal, the UF plane is leaving to pick Kelly up, they're thrashing out the contract details now, announcement tonight, announcement at tomorrow's presser, Dr.'s plane landed bringing Kelly, no, bringing Kelly's agent, yadda,yadda,yadda. = that Tom Foolery ought to give all coaches pause, including Kelly himself.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
I been working nights all week. I'm going to bed. When I wake up I expect to read through 100+ pages of celebration that we have our new coach and 20 bluechippers are already fighting for a spot in our recruiting class. Good night :pumper::chomp::pumper:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I been working nights all week. I'm going to bed. When I wake up I expect to read through 100+ pages of celebration that we have our new coach and 20 bluechippers are already fighting for a spot in our recruiting class. Good night :pumper::chomp::pumper:
Ya know, expectations are just a set-up for disappointment. Just sayin'.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
This much publicized craziness over Chip Kelly must be off-putting to all other prospective
HC hires. Surely, it would make any of them reluctant to nest among a fan-base that has its mind set on Kelly to the exclusion of all others. They'd have to acknowledge that it wouldn't take long for that fanbase to turn against a non-Kelly HC. So, many with a presently good situation should be more inclined simply to stay put and not come here. And any coach we'd desire to hire has to have created a good situation where he is. No wonder Stricklin stays away from commenting in any way.

It's a done deal, the UF plane is leaving to pick Kelly up, they're thrashing out the contract details now, announcement tonight, announcement at tomorrow's presser, Dr.'s plane landed bringing Kelly, no, bringing Kelly's agent, yadda,yadda,yadda. = that Tom Foolery ought to give all coaches pause, including Kelly himself.
Oh, bloody hell. He used "off-putting" and "Tom Foolery" in one post. Hope there aren't any UT trolls viewing the thread. They'll think it's a Shakespeare class.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It’s embarrassing that we have a reputation for being cheap.
We don't just have the reputation for being cheap. We ARE very cheap.

We have a top 5 income and middle of the CUSA facilities.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Actually Bob Redman was the guy saying chip before Franz...Franz was hearing firefight guys but changed early last week a few days after Bob

Bob & Franz are two peas in a pod and are both as full of sh*t as the next. They try to out-Franz and out-Bob each other. Sure, they've "broken" a few stories over the years...but they've missed probably 10 to 1. They make such a huge deal out of the one time they are right that most of the homer's who think they are 'the best' forget about all the ridiculous predictions they've made. If you listen to Franz you'd swear we are coming off back-to-back national titles and we're just one player away from beating Saban. I can't believe they're still around. Think 'used car salesman'.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think there's any doubt we land Kelly. Just don't know if it will be today.

Can I morph a moment? Here's what we have to go on so far:
  • That Kelly and Florida make sense together; everyone from A to Z is on board
  • An unprecedented internet spec game that has gone circuslike
  • Nothing from Kelly or Florida and yet the sense that if neither side denies it, there's substance -- addition through subtraction
I give it 35-40%, no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member