Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
No...OSU played michigan Nov 26 and Meyer accepted the job Nov 28 2011
It was leaked he would be the coach about a week before that game. As I recall he actually bailed on his ESPN assignment the weekend of the Michigan game and was announced a couple days later.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was leaked he would be the coach about a week before that game. As I recall he actually bailed on his ESPN assignment the weekend of the Michigan game and was announced a couple days later.
Point being he wasn't announced before the end of the season much like Kelly won't be

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah, there is always some risk anytime you offer a line, but clearly the small risk with offering this stupid line at such a low payout is one well worth taking from the house's perspective. You know if you could get a corresponding line for him NOT to coach ucla at something like -130, it would be absolutely pounded into oblivion. This is a one sided sucker line with minimal risk to the house, as they know chip kelly is probably ours.
Yeah agree, when they don't let you bet the other side or bet on any other destination, UF obviously, so the odds are pretty arbitrary. I read it like you, they are pretty sure he ain't going so every dollar they take in is gravy.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Can you point to one time that a coach was named as a permanent head coach for a major university football team in which they were announced prior to the end of the regular season? I can't for the life of me think of it happening.

Well it usually doesn't happen because the coach being hired is most, if not all the time currently coaching another team. Kelly is not, so there is no reason to delay.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Massive applause. If he did not sign...I do not want him here.
Typically I would agree, but Kelly has been out of the coaching ranks for a bit and he may need some time to consider leaving a cush job at ESPN for the pressure cooker environment that is coaching at a program like UF.

If he does choose not to move forward with UF though, CK can go fuk himself.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Imo if we didnt sign Kelly, why srent we hearing new rumors of other coaches being vetted? And we re hearing UCLA is talking about Jeff Fisher...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Stressing this part: Fuchs flew up as a congratulatory gesture by Florida. A welcome to the family type and for him to meet the people he could talk to directly.

We’re all human, so think about how pissed you’d be if you got there and he said nah not right now.

We either move on or he’s signed. I don’t see another option

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well it usually doesn't happen because the coach being hired is most, if not all the time currently coaching another team. Kelly is not, so there is no reason to delay.
Why didn't OSU announce Meyer then? They aren't going to do that until this season is over...wish it were different and they would just announce it today but they aren't going to do that to the staff and team

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
#NCAAF line move alert: Chip Kelly is now at EVEN to land the UCLA head-coaching job after opening with +125 odds.

Hey Genius - Bottom line is CK is favorite to be coach at UCLA. That doesn't look good for UF

Even odds are not indicative of someone being the favorite. Please learn betting odds before attempting to talk about something you obviously know jack **** about.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No...OSU played michigan Nov 26 and Meyer accepted the job Nov 28 2011
I actually have a close source to this. He worked out and accepted the deal in the spring. It was done within a week or two after Tressel resigned. This is a legit source who’s still close to the Meyers. They are also a personal friend of mine, not an acquaintance.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually have a close source to this. He worked out and accepted the deal in the spring. It was done within a week or two after Tressel resigned. This is a legit source who’s still close to the Meyers. They are also a personal friend of mine, not an acquaintance.
and yet they waited until Nov 28 (2 days after the last regular season game) to announce it...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think by now it's clear our boys went up to NH looking to make a big play at a big prize, but they swung and missed because they brought this to bargain with:

il_570xN.280261511.jpg

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think by now it's clear our boys went up to NH looking to make a big play at a big prize, but they swung and missed because they brought this to bargain with:

il_570xN.280261511.jpg
That's what I was thinking earlier... Think they went up to NH thinking they were going to get CK on the cheap.... If so bad idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator