Chizik: UF "a quarterback away" from a 9 win season

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Was this said last year, the year before that, the year before that .....till AT... After Tebow

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well in his defense he was a QB away from a national title and coincidentally a QB away from nosediving into obscurity...the thing is Fisher is the same kind of coach and they literally have the same gameplan...Jimbo just got out quick enough and snowed A&M into a payday

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Will always be a favorite of mine. No one can make a stillshot of a presser look like a mugshot for “possession of a narcotic”, “violation of parole” and “battery of a police officer” quite like the Chiz.

112512-CFB-auburn-gene-chizik-LN-PI_20121125143821940_660_320.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Our QB's are actually being coached for the first time in nearly a decade. We need a game manager right now, not the next Danny or Timmy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Our QB's are actually being coached for the first time in nearly a decade. We need a game manager right now, not the next Danny or Timmy.
I remember everyone saying that three years ago with the last QB Whisperer.

And three years before that.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Sad times in Florida football..

The program in my opinion is not broken, nor is it sad times.

Now if you want a corrupt type operation, where players are say paid, don't go to class, and are only focused on football, that would not be the UF I attended, nor would I want such an institution.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

My idea of a "game manager" might be quite different from many. Bob Griese was the best game manager I have ever seen. He ran the plays that would work, back when there was no helmet radios, QB's actually changed the plays, and he used his many weapons to win games. Many times the game would effectively be over after the first time consuming drive resulting in a TD. Or after the next one when the defense (being rested) forced a three and out.

Now we don't have that sort of a line, but Bob knew when and to who to pass, that is a game manager and what we need now.

GatorGooch

Aug 15, 2018
So.....a lot of people saying that we are a 7-8 win team with the q.b. situation now, and now somebody saying if we had a good qb we are a 9 win team? Oline improving, probably the best wr core in the sec, and not to mention a stable of rbs? I guess to each his on. Lol

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The program in my opinion is not broken, nor is it sad times.
We've had winning seasons twice in the last four years.

How much more broken does it have to be for you, Vulcanish person?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.