Chizik: UF "a quarterback away" from a 9 win season

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I think we could be a 9 win team just because our schedule is weak. We're still more than a QB away too. O-line needs to prove itself and be deeper. WR needs to have a guy that steps up and makes plays. D couldn't tackle at times last year and gave up in games. I could go on. But we still could be a 9 win team because we're in the east.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not giving in to the Doom and Gloom before we even play a game........

Has 10 years in the desert ripped your Gator Heart out?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So.....a lot of people saying that we are a 7-8 win team with the q.b. situation now, and now somebody saying if we had a good qb we are a 9 win team? Oline improving, probably the best wr core in the sec, and not to mention a stable of rbs? I guess to each his on. Lol

I am really not banging on you or Cousin Eddie, but I have heard this thing about our great RB's and WR's, etc. Well if anyone looks around almost all major programs are littered with very good players at those positions. LSU was littered with those 2 position groups for the past 15 years who now are all over the NFL, yet many did little to nothing in college. And LSU had a real O-line. They had horrendous coaching at the top!. I am not convinced our O-line is improved or improving. Heard that the past 3 years, but from where I sit now, same names, so I will guess most of these guys still stink, but will hope that there might be some improvement. But at least Chizik is tempering his expectations. I actually heard someone on the radio predicting 12-0 b/c of the "stocked" RB and WR positions. Over half of the teams in the SEC are stocked at those two positions. I will root for Cousin Eddie to improve the quality of play. Just not overly confident in him, sort of like not overly confident in the O-line!

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
Amazing how the high the bar is (and how soon it has to be cleared) for judging Mullen’s success after years of systemic neglect. Meyer let the offense slide (he may have already been on those memory-altering drugs that were just reported), Chimp ignored it while getting his OJT, and Dumblewain let the rot spread to the Defense. Everyone should agree the need right now is a quality rebuild in every phase of the game. That won’t happen overnight. Gator fans certainly don’t need the kind of success that ends up masking problems a la the last two staffs.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds about right. With the QB situation we have now we would need to be lucky with turnovers to get to 9 wins pre-bowl.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
A QB away from being mediocre. SMH
We are going to win 7 games without a good QB. What I mean is, if it's Franks and he's only what we know him to have been we will still win 7, maybe more. The question is, if a QB develops, how many beyond 7 and which games.... do we beat fsu, georgia, etc? Maybe.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shiznik, although I appreciate him as a Gator and speaking positively for us, it's not like he really went out on a ledge. They're pretty much a 8 win team now. He got lucky at the 'Barn. Not so credible in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.