Chubb destroys knee

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hadn't been watching games this afternoon so I was elated to see that Tennessee beat Georgia. But then I almost threw up watching that video on the first page. This is terrible news for that young kid.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n294966 said:
Didn't Caldwell break his leg on a kick return against TN back in the Meyer days?

yes he did. 2005 game

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite part of watching this game was knowing that one of them was going to lose, and it was going to hurt.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@McMurphyESPN: Nick Chubb’s mom says on Facebook Chubb has “PCL tear along w/2 other ligaments. Not as bad as could’ve been.” Will need surgery

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n295243 said:
@McMurphyESPN: Nick Chubb’s mom says on Facebook Chubb has “PCL tear along w/2 other ligaments. Not as bad as could’ve been.” Will need surgery

Is that something that will heal in a few weeks?

GatorGorilla

Jan 2, 2015
According to Nick Chubb's mom, the Georgia RB will require knee surgery, but it could have been worse. "It's not nearly as bad as it could've been," La'Velle Chubb wrote on Facebook, adding that her son tore his posterior cruciate ligament in Saturday's game. "They'll wait for swelling to go down to decide when to have surgery. Possibly two [weeks], Nick is in good spirits."

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No they have to wait a few weeks before he can even have surgery. Probably worse than an acl when all said and done.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorGorilla said:
According to Nick Chubb's mom, the Georgia RB will require knee surgery, but it could have been worse. "It's not nearly as bad as it could've been," La'Velle Chubb wrote on Facebook, adding that her son tore his posterior cruciate ligament in Saturday's game. "They'll wait for swelling to go down to decide when to have surgery. Possibly two [weeks], Nick is in good spirits."
Cuban-Man-on-the-Moon--76126.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n295261 said:
This is a joke right????????? :crazy:

Nope don't know anything about a "PCL" tear unlike ACL - not a medical expert on these things

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some people claiming on other sites people have healed from PCLs in a few months but even in a best case scenario it looks like the season is over for him I guess.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Gator Fever;n295274 said:
Nope don't know anything about a "PCL" tear unlike ACL - not a medical expert on these things

the anterior cruciate ligament attaches the front of the knee joint to the lower leg and stabilizes it. the posterior cruciate ligament performs the same function at the back of the knee. his hyperextension tore it. devastating injury. and it wasn't the only ligament he tore.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;295275 said:
Some people claiming on other sites people have healed from PCLs in a few months but even in a best case scenario it looks like the season is over for him I guess.
If you're a running back and you tear any knee ligament, you're looking at being gone for a while.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
williston_gator;n295243 said:

Huh? Not as bad as it could have been. Every player I've read that tore 3 ligaments lost something when they came back. I'm not a doctor. Maybe I've wrong.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
itsgr82bag8r;n294885 said:
This is exactly how I feel. When all the BS is stripped away, those are young men with an entire life in front of them. It sickens me to see someone endure such a serious physical injury.
We completely agree I finally watched it. I wouldnt wish that on anybody much less a kid who stood to make a good living off of his talent. I hope they can get it back to normal for him. I dont think many fans realize the danger in college football, even more so now with the speed and size of athletes............Excellent point gr82b

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.