Coach Mac Dominates

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
By beating USCe yesterday, Coach Mac continued his mastery of the SEC East: 11 - 1 in two season. Not bad! Now if he could only find a away to win a few games vs. other major teams (SEC West, FSU, post-season), where he is an abysmal 1-5 with a single win vs Ole Miss, losses to LSU, FSU, Bama, Michigan and Arky.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
To save time, all excuses have been numbered.

1,2,3 and 6 for good measure!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
"Mastery?" LMAO. Coach Mac just figured out what to do with Scarlett. He is the master of mediocrity.

I hope you're right regarding Scarlett. This staff crapped the bed with the RB rotation and it took 9 games to figure it out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's dominating ruminating with dead-end endings.
His favored QB is the unsound of one hand clapping. And now of injured butterfly wing. :confused:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Coach Mac continued his mastery of the SEC East: 11 - 1 in two season. Not bad! Now if he could only find a away to win a few games vs. other major teams

I'm beginning to wonder if SEC-East is really D1

Sep 29, 2015
SEC Least

I agree. At this point I think it makes more sense to swap with the ACC Atlantic Division - they become the new SEC East and we rep the ACC. Competitively it would make more sense, we'd be able to recruit better and, academically, we'd be the UNC of the Atlantic.

Idiot.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I wonder if Mac understands that playing SEC East teams is only part of the job.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Step 1. dominate the east
Step 2. dominate the SEC
Step 3. Rule the world.

2 and 3 may never happen.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. At this point I think it makes more sense to swap with the ACC Atlantic Division - they become the new SEC East and we rep the ACC. Competitively it would make more sense, we'd be able to recruit better and, academically, we'd be the UNC of the Atlantic.

Idiot.

What's with the Idiot at the end of your post? Please clarify.

Sep 29, 2015
What's with the Idiot at the end of your post? Please clarify.

That was probably a little strong. Just tired of the negativity even after a win that, if nothing else, should bring some enjoyment given the coach on the other side of the field. Obviously the East sucks, so not sure what sense there is in stating the obvious other than needlessly trashing the team after a somewhat inspired win. Further, beyond our own team, we can't control what the rest of the league is doing so, again, what's the point of bringing it up. All Mac can do is play the teams in the East and he is 11-1 in that regard. Is any other coach/team that is 11-1 against the East over the same period? No. Are we satisfied? No, but we're a whole lot better off than where we were with Chump.

Last thing, if there's one reason the state of the East does matter, maybe it is as a macro explanation for why we haven't been good too. The strength of a league and, thus, the team's in it, seem to be cyclical. Pre-Saban, the West was by and large a wasteland. The Big 10 was a joke for years until Meyer came in and it is now resurgent. Point being, maybe it didn't matter who the hell we brought in because recruits know the leagues where the best competition is and that's where they will gravitate to. I don't believe that entirely, but it's food for thought if nothing else.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac dominates the east in the same way Chimp dominated 1AA.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That was probably a little strong. Just tired of the negativity even after a win that, if nothing else, should bring some enjoyment given the coach on the other side of the field. Obviously the East sucks, so not sure what sense there is in stating the obvious other than needlessly trashing the team after a somewhat inspired win. Further, beyond our own team, we can't control what the rest of the league is doing so, again, what's the point of bringing it up. All Mac can do is play the teams in the East and he is 11-1 in that regard. Is any other coach/team that is 11-1 against the East over the same period? No. Are we satisfied? No, but we're a whole lot better off than where we were with Chump.

Last thing, if there's one reason the state of the East does matter, maybe it is as a macro explanation for why we haven't been good too. The strength of a league and, thus, the team's in it, seem to be cyclical. Pre-Saban, the West was by and large a wasteland. The Big 10 was a joke for years until Meyer came in and it is now resurgent. Point being, maybe it didn't matter who the hell we brought in because recruits know the leagues where the best competition is and that's where they will gravitate to. I don't believe that entirely, but it's food for thought if nothing else.
So, you think if someone in the east someday hires a good coach, there is a chance we will all up our game?

Sep 29, 2015
So, you think if someone in the east someday hires a good coach, there is a chance we will all up our game?

And, yes, that someone should be the gators. And yes we should be the East team in the best position to do so (though without facilities maybe not; we can revisit in 5 years). But clearly it's easier said than done, especially when the division has no buzz.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heck, permit me to think out of the box. Don't mind experimenting at LSU's expense = let
Kerwin Bell become their new HC, thereby, using them to show & tell if he can succeed as
an SEC head coach. Hopefully, his time there would serve as training/proving ground to later
be a worthy true Gator leader, with fire & home base.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heck, permit me to think out of the box. Don't mind experimenting at LSU's expense = let
Kerwin Bell become their new HC, thereby, using them to show & tell if he can succeed as
an SEC head coach. Hopefully, his time there would serve as training/proving ground to later
be a worthy true Gator leader, with fire & home base.

How about Kerwin Bell OC of Florida after Nuss is eliminated by Law in a fit of frustration,

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

I guess everyone in the known universe is an idiot. A little strong? What the F? I think everyone wants to see Mac beat a decent team from either side. He can't lose to LSU & FSU and have any reasonable person thinking this program is headed in the right direction. Beat LSU! Beat FSU! Turn the damn corner already. BTW...

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ec-west-sec-east-big-12-ten-division-rankings

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...orse-than-a-mountain-west-division-seriously/

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/how-bad-is-the-sec-east-let-us-count-the-ways-and-losses-to-the-west

It is obvious. It is also fact. It also adds perspective. I see a lot of people that hang their hats on that SEC Schedule. A decent coach would do better than 8-4 with this schedule. Is he decent or just another Foley bust? We're gonna find out sooner than later. It's a message board. If you don't like facts I recommend Gator Fairy Land. You can ride unicorns with Foley and Strawberry Shortcake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.