Coach Mac Dominates

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How about Kerwin Bell OC of Florida after Nuss is eliminated by Law in a fit of frustration,

That would be my first choice.
Think how involved Spurrier could get with Kerwin ambassadoring SOS.

Sep 29, 2015
I guess everyone in the known universe is an idiot. A little strong? What the F? I think everyone wants to see Mac beat a decent team from either side. He can't lose to LSU & FSU and have any reasonable person thinking this program is headed in the right direction. Beat LSU! Beat FSU! Turn the damn corner already. BTW...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ec-west-sec-east-big-12-ten-division-rankings

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...orse-than-a-mountain-west-division-seriously/

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/how-bad-is-the-sec-east-let-us-count-the-ways-and-losses-to-the-west

It is obvious. It is also fact. It also adds perspective. I see a lot of people that hang their hats on that SEC Schedule. A decent coach would do better than 8-4 with this schedule. Is he decent or just another Foley bust? We're gonna find out sooner than later. It's a message board. If you don't like facts I recommend Gator Fairy Land. You can ride unicorns with Foley and Strawberry Shortcake.

I never said it was not fact. I think I wrote everyone knows the East sucks. I've not heard anyone hang their hat on the SEC schedule to justify Mac's performance. Like you say, "everyone in the known universe" so, again, what's the point.

IMO 11-1 against the East is still progress from where we were given the talent and depth deficit Mac was dealt.

After the Chump debacle, did you believe we would be contending for championships in year 2? Not me. And why can't he lose to LSU and FSU and still believe we are headed in the right direction? Do you believe we have the talent right now to consistently beat decent (top 20) teams on the road (FWIW - I think we should and will beat FSU at home - where Mac has shown to be far more capable)? I certainly don't, but the ingredients are there for a good offense as soon as next year.

To date, Mac has beaten other bad teams with his own bad (sometimes worse) team while installing the pro-style system we all clamored for and getting key reps for the much more talented young offensive skills players that will eventually be good enough to consistently beat decent teams on the road (subject to QB). Tough as it has been to watch at times, at least we've been competitive during the rebuild with meaningful games in November, which is more than almost all teams in the East can say and most teams in the West.

EDIT: We're in Crappy apparently. I expect an L there too.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I never said it was not fact. I think I wrote everyone knows the East sucks. I've not heard anyone hang their hat on the SEC schedule to justify Mac's performance. Like you say, "everyone in the known universe" so, again, what's the point.

IMO 11-1 against the East is still progress from where we were given the talent and depth deficit Mac was dealt.

After the Chump debacle, did you believe we would be contending for championships in year 2? Not me. And why can't he lose to LSU and FSU and still believe we are headed in the right direction? Do you believe we have the talent right now to consistently beat decent (top 20) teams on the road (FWIW - I think we should and will beat FSU at home - where Mac has shown to be far more capable)? I certainly don't, but the ingredients are there for a good offense as soon as next year.

To date, Mac has beaten other bad teams with his own bad (sometimes worse) team while installing the pro-style system we all clamored for and getting key reps for the much more talented young offensive skills players that will eventually be good enough to consistently beat decent teams on the road (subject to QB). Tough as it has been to watch at times, at least we've been competitive during the rebuild with meaningful games in November, which is more than almost all teams in the East can say and most teams in the West.

EDIT: We're in Crappy apparently. I expect an L there too.

The point is... it is true. You can scream 11-1 at the top of your lungs and it means very little in the grand scheme of things. It's just another pumper worthless stat like "Mac is undefeated with his starting QB". That one got swept away finally. It's NEEDLESS pumping to make something crappy appear better than reality. That's what drives me nuts about the endless pumping. It was the same under Chump too.

And why can't he lose to LSU and FSU and still believe we are headed in the right direction?

This is huge. He needs to start winning some big games. The way he is recruiting we'll never be favored against the other big boys. So does that make it okay that Mac is 16-0 vs teams he's favored against and 1-8 against teams he's not. Is that acceptable to you? If it is then you probably wanted to give Chump a 4th year too.

Stop making excuses for everything and start expecting more.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Soooo, was it the injuries that got UF run of the field the second half a Tenn ? Please god don't say it was because Del limp arm was hurt.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
pasen%202003.gif

No dammit, you tackle with your body...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mastery??? Perhaps more like Proficiently Average. He wins Saturday........maybe I bump him up a nothch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator