Coach Mac's abilities

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I believe Coach Mac can recognize talent. He doesn't let the number of stars effect his thinking. I believe he coaches them up not down like some we know. He strikes me as a fun person to be around.

I was in retail all my life. I had one goal in mind, the customer enjoyed their visit. I had a hitting cage so people could come in and hit golf balls free. I gave free golf tips. The wife would be picking out expensive furniture while the husband hit golf balls. Anytime the wife wanted his opinion, he said buy it.

I think Coach Mac is the type guy that is liked when he walks into a room. That is going to be a huge asset for the gator nation. He will be a great recruiter.

I think we are about to see our program move up where muscramp took it down from. The misery is finally over.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
First off, great sales idea...really did your homework there....

As for Mac, I am holding my breath. We will see.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Way too early to know how well he'll coach em up and how he does recruiting. That said, I think he's making great changes to the overall structure of the program and he does seem to have a great personality.

Waiting on Tag and Fever to tell us we can't win without the mostest 10* recruits...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you're right. Looking at the last 4 years, with what Mac is doing I have to agree with you. Now lets see how he can coach. But I can see where kids would want to play for him. So far so good. Just ready for some football.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hopeful and believe we are climbing out of a deep hole. Sucks it happened, but it did. A good foundation is important for the long run and I think he's doing his best to put one down.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n254278 said:
I believe Coach Mac can recognize talent. He doesn't
let the number of stars effect his thinking.

I believe he coaches them up not down like some we
know. He strikes me as a fun person to be around.

I was in retail all my life. I had one goal in mind, the
customer enjoyed their visit. I had a hitting cage so
people could come in and hit golf balls free. I gave
free golf tips. The wife would be picking out expensive
furniture while the husband hit golf balls. Anytime
the wife wanted his opinion, he said buy it.

I think Coach Mac is the type guy that is liked when
he walks into a room. That is going to be a huge asset
for the gator nation. He will be a great recruiter.

I think we are about to see our program move up
where muscramp took it down from. The misery
is finally over.

That is one nice piece of concrete poetry, my friend.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I feel the same way. I know we're offering a lot of 3 stars, but I can understand if the 4 and 5 star guys are in the "wait and see" mode. You gotta get some bodies, coach em up, and win enough games to get the 4 &5 star guys looking again. If JMac can pull off 8 or more wins this year, the turn-around may be faster than anyone realistically expected. If we struggle due to some key injuries and only squeak out 6-7 wins it could take a year or two longer.

I know Law harps on how he never won any championships, but the guy coached up a nobody QB and got him some NFL interest. He also took a program that had been down in the dumps for a while and got them back on the winning track. I know another team that can use that kind of turn-around. Hope to see it happen!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac knows his stuff but he will have to build the offensive talent back up as it isn't good right now...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Let's be honest. The teams in the top 10-15 in the recruiting rankings are generally the teams in the hunt at the end of the season. We want 4-5 stars. That being said, a lot of these 3 stars are purely for depth. I think things are worse than we ever thought and Coach Mac is just trying to get bodies in there.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n254282 said:
Way too early to know how well he'll coach em up and how he does recruiting. That said, I think he's making great changes to the overall structure of the program and he does seem to have a great personality.

Waiting on Tag and Fever to tell us we can't win without the mostest 10* recruits...
I'm not going to say it. Somebody much smarter than me already did. *See my sig

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how anyone can make assumptions about the coach really. I don't believe he's given a straight answer for anything. The only we know is that he's been pretty successful in the past and we're not recruiting particularly well at the moment. I believe that will change if we put something decent on the field.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
t-gator;254326 said:
I don't know how anyone can make assumptions about the coach really. I don't believe he's given a straight answer for anything. The only we know is that he's been pretty successful in the past and we're not recruiting particularly well at the moment. I believe that will change if we put something decent on the field.

I don't know of any examples where he didn't give a straight
answer. Could you give us a few examples of that? I think he
is a great communicator. He's doing a good job in the situation
he is in.

Time will tell. I'm feeling good from what I see and hear from
him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n254348 said:
I don't know of any examples where he didn't give a straight
answer. Could you give us a few examples of that? I think he
is a great communicator. He's doing a good job in the situation
he is in.

Time will tell. I'm feeling good from what I see and hear from
him.

There's already been 2 reporters complain about it. Not that that should mean anything. He hasn't showed his hand which is pretty smart imo.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It'd be hope if he was 21-6 at CSU. This guy exudes a cool confidence. Before you know it, your players are extending it to the playing field.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have the defensive talent to be in every game. Mac being from the offensive side should not repeat the mistakes of the last coach by game planning to score 10 points and rely on the D to win. He realizes he'll need to score and make UF a place where offensive talent wants to come. Make it fun, score points and they will come.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love his attitude and the way his staff recruits. If we show any promise on the field this year we could have a big time class coming in. Coach Mac is building a program, which unlike anything we saw from Muschamp. Mac has a clear direction for the future and a plan to get us there. I just hope it is the right plan.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
t-gator;254326 said:

What were the things you thought he didn't give straight answers
to, not the reporters. You said he didn't give a straight answer
for 'anything'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members