Coach Mac's abilities

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255402 said:
I don't think anyone anywhere ever confused McElwain for one of those guys.

Didn't you just compare their second recruiting class to Mac's? I think it is reasonable to point out why they didn't need as much time to build relationships or show progress on the field

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Every coach has a second recruiting class.

Most coaches aren't champions.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
AugustaGator;n255475 said:
I believe in you Mac. Go get'm.

TV-tonight-Big-Bang-Theory-live-30-Rock-NS1CB3QM-x-large.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like the guy and think he'll be successful, but I can't help but wonder sometimes about the opposite. As opposed to many who think he's got it made by coming in after Muschamp, I see it as a potentially huge disadvantage. There's a growing unease with Foley over the way he handled Muschamp that I think could translate negatively on McElwain if he doesn't get off to a fast start. Sure, we'll allow 7-6 of thereabout the first season, but what if there's not much improvement in the W-L in year #2? Will fans take out what's really frustration with Foley by showing quick negativity toward McElwain? I hope not because it wouldn't be fair to him, but I don't think you can rule it out if we don't show tangible improvement relatively quick.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I lost all hope once I realized he was secretly nothing more than a Saban "minion."

Attachments

• conv_3979.png
    conv_3979.png
    340.5 KB · Views: 27
  • conv_3980.jpg
    conv_3980.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 29

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n255012 said:
Yes, sniffing Kintucky's tail. I know. The truth is we're just digging into the 3 star rack way earlier than everyone else. We'll see how well that works. It could be painful if we have to jettison an early commit or don't have enough slots for any of the first, second or third tier players we really want.

This year is critical. Outside of the once in a lifetime type talents (Percy, Tim, Emmitt), kids take two or three years to contribute. If THIS class doesn't have some All SEC type talent in it, we will be a 2018 or 2019 turning around at the earliest.

Pumping a little sunshine....:pumper:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;255488]I like the guy and think he'll be successful, but I can't help but wonder sometimes about the opposite. As opposed to many who think he's got it made by coming in after Muschamp, I see it as a potentially huge disadvantage. There's a growing unease with Foley over the way he handled Muschamp that I think could translate negatively on McElwain if he doesn't get off to a fast start. Sure, we'll allow 7-6 of thereabout the first season, but what if there's not much improvement in the W-L in year #2? Will fans take out what's really frustration with Foley by showing quick negativity toward McElwain? I hope not because it wouldn't be fair to him, but I don't think you can rule it out if we don't show tangible improvement relatively quick.[/QUOTE]

There should be tangible improvement this year. It's virtually the same defense sans Dante Fowler. He was brought in to fix the offense. And if the offense has a pulse, we will do better this year than last year. The schedule is also easier this year. The only way there will not be significant improvement will be if the offensive line is destroyed with injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator