Coaching candidates for 2024

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Bruhs we don’t even know if anyone wants our job. We thinks it’s good, but big time coaches may not and may not be interested in coming onboard.
Welcome to Nebraska 2.0.

Everyone says we have population and money but they don’t account for the fact that Florida, unlike back of beyond Nebraska, has four other viable D1 programs in the state that can easily draw talent away from UF along with nearby out of state rivals with competitive programs.

The current money and social media driven state of the game just moves too fast for the smooth brained meatballs driving our program.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Been arguing for Kiffy for a while now. He's an offensive guy. A brash A-hole. A closer. Hates Saban. Wears a visor cuz of Spurrier.

Hopefully, he's matured a bit. Needs some Florida junk yard dogs on defense to win a ship. He may be due.
We need *******s in charge. Not softies who protect their incompetent buddies.

Spurrier was an ******* with a supreme talent for getting at rivals.

We know what happened with Meyer.

Does anyone remember Spurrier or Meyer having “buddies” on staff, much less coaches who were permitted to underperform year over year?

ted

Aug 24, 2019
One thing I've learned throughout my life and career....You NEVER, say NEVER.
IF, we hired Kiffen.
The day he walks on campus, Swagger returns.

Lanning, Day, Kiffen.........The "splash" we need, Outside of Urbs that is, to return this program to glory, before even playing one single game.

Another "coordinator", another "Lower division", another "up and comer", and the further our program sinks in the doldrums.
Hell yes

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
The new coach better have a spread peanut butter offense that goes to the edges of the field.

"The guys come up to the office and I actually make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when they're up there," said McElwain. "I teach them to get it right to the edge like my mother used to do. My mom took pride in buttering toast that got all the way to the edge and same thing with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches."

"I'm a firm believer in the longer the shelf life, the better it's going to taste. I don't think Uncrustables have shelf life, so that makes a heck of a sandwich. Twinkies, Ding-Dongs, that's sustainable food. I like that."

We've also found out that stud freshman receiver Antonio Callaway does not like crust on his sandwiches. McElwain obliged by tailoring the food to Callaway's liking.

"You focus on making sure that [the peanut butter and jelly] gets all the way to the crust. Then of course I did that and Antonio Callaway doesn't like crust, so I had to cut the crust off. It's a true story."

Jeremy Foley slept over at this weirdos house to" seal the deal" and hire him as coach.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Let me ask you a question and I'm not being an ass asking you this...what do you mean you like his "vision"? What vision are you talking about because Napier clearly has no vision or it's extremely deluded. And "the process is true"? What process? Because his process has shown it's straight trash these past 2 years. There's absolutely nothing internally that's improved since the day he was hired. Our S&C program is trash now. Our nutritional program is trash. Staff hirings was a complete disaster. Play calling is a disaster. Player development is a disaster. NOTHING Napier has done or instituted since day 1 has improved. We've digressed 5 steps since the day he was hired and that's a simple fact.

No offense taken. By vision I mean his stated desire to attract great players to the fullness of UF, football plus education etc., to develop them and to build the staff to attend to the details of all that. He has articulated “the right way” pretty well. As he was laying all that out, including the feedback/ accountability loops it looked in line with solid leadership & management principles.

Your list of failures are about execution. Saying you’re going to do something and failing to do it at an elite level - which is what we demand - are different things.

I don’t think his struggles are from a lack of effort or character. That’s one improvement over the last 2 coaches. But if it doesn’t produce…

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
No offense taken. By vision I mean his stated desire to attract great players to the fullness of UF, football plus education etc., to develop them and to build the staff to attend to the details of all that. He has articulated “the right way” pretty well. As he was laying all that out, including the feedback/ accountability loops it looked in line with solid leadership & management principles.

Your list of failures are about execution. Saying you’re going to do something and failing to do it at an elite level - which is what we demand - are different things.

I don’t think his struggles are from a lack of effort or character. That’s one improvement over the last 2 coaches. But if it doesn’t produce…
“If I can’t get 25 good players to come to the University of Florida then maybe I shouldn’t be the coach here.”

Billy Napier

GatorScott

If you ain't first, you're last
Jan 21, 2019
“If I can’t get 25 good players to come to the University of Florida then maybe I shouldn’t be the coach here.”

Billy Napier
I firmly believe if we had the top 22 players in the country, recruit wise, Napier would still finish 6-6 AT BEST. Coaching matters. Program management matters. Napier doesn't have the experience or the intelligence to be successful at a blueblood program like Florida. He's a FCS or Sunbelt guy, tops. It's not a character or effort issue. It's a competence issue and he is fully incompetent.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
“We want a guy who has proven he can win in the P5!”

*Points to Lane Kiffin who is winning in the SEC West*

“Not that guy, we need a guy with character!”….as he begs for Urban Meyer to come back

:lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Lane wouldnt be my first choice, but id certainly hire him with some stipulations that he go out and get the absolute best DC possible and let that guy assemble the defensive staff, then place as much of an emphasis on defensive crootin as the other side of the ball. I'd also stipulate that crootin season is 24/7, 365 and b/c of that a top notch crootin coordinator and personnel will be employed to run the day to day, and that he needs to determine an asst HC who is an absolute monster recruiter and let him head the effort since we know lane isnt going to want to croot like a kirby or a saban does.

i think with those things agreed upon and enacted, kiffin could be a big time player.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Lane may be clown-like at times but he’d be 100x better than the last 3 duds we’ve hired. And what Durty said, make him hire a competent DC. Gotta think defense would be improved considering the athletes he’d have access to in FL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The new coach better have a spread peanut butter offense that goes to the edges of the field.

"The guys come up to the office and I actually make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when they're up there," said McElwain. "I teach them to get it right to the edge like my mother used to do. My mom took pride in buttering toast that got all the way to the edge and same thing with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches."

"I'm a firm believer in the longer the shelf life, the better it's going to taste. I don't think Uncrustables have shelf life, so that makes a heck of a sandwich. Twinkies, Ding-Dongs, that's sustainable food. I like that."

We've also found out that stud freshman receiver Antonio Callaway does not like crust on his sandwiches. McElwain obliged by tailoring the food to Callaway's liking.

"You focus on making sure that [the peanut butter and jelly] gets all the way to the crust. Then of course I did that and Antonio Callaway doesn't like crust, so I had to cut the crust off. It's a true story."

Jeremy Foley slept over at this weirdos house to" seal the deal" and hire him as coach.
Literally Slingblade's primary mentor.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lane may be clown-like at times but he’d be 100x better than the last 3 duds we’ve hired. And what Durty said, make him hire a competent DC. Gotta think defense would be improved considering the athletes he’d have access to in FL.
I agree, until he’s getting beat 52-17 by Kirby .

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Pete Golding's done a pretty good job at Ole miss. Atleast what I can tell. He's a good recruiter too. I'd be happy with Kiffin and Golding here.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Lane wouldnt be my first choice, but id certainly hire him with some stipulations that he go out and get the absolute best DC possible and let that guy assemble the defensive staff, then place as much of an emphasis on defensive crootin as the other side of the ball. I'd also stipulate that crootin season is 24/7, 365 and b/c of that a top notch crootin coordinator and personnel will be employed to run the day to day, and that he needs to determine an asst HC who is an absolute monster recruiter and let him head the effort since we know lane isnt going to want to croot like a kirby or a saban does.

i think with those things agreed upon and enacted, kiffin could be a big time player.
It’s funny that Lane has such a dicey rep in recruiting. When he was OC/recruiting coordinator for Pete Carroll, USC finished 20, 8, 2, 2, 1, and 1 before he left for Oakland. He knows what and how to do it, he just hasn’t had that elite class like at USC. At Oxford, he has been lethal in the portal but barely top 20 in HS Recruiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator