Coaching hires (at other schools)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky: Sources tell FootballScoop North Texas defensive line coach Derrick LeBlanc is expected to join the Kentucky staff in a similar capacity.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kentucky: Sources tell FootballScoop North Texas defensive line coach Derrick LeBlanc is expected to join the Kentucky staff in a similar capacity.

North Texas' staff got completely raided this off-season....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are battling Kintucky and Vandy for the directional school bargains.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So, is Locksley not considered as a candidate for that job? Was there any discussion that he would have been "Co-OC" with Sarkisian had he stayed in Tuscaloosa?
I'm not sure to be honest.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
North Texas' staff got completely raided this off-season....
When you knock the door down by going 5-8 in CUSA, you have to expect teams to notice that coaching talent.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is interesting: Gene Chizik stepping away from coaching:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/au...coaching-releases-emotional-statement-family/

Former Auburn coach Gene Chizik is stepping away from the sidelines to spend more time with his family.

Chizik, who has coached as North Carolina’s defensive coordinator, released a statement:

“After many emotional family discussions and a lot of prayerful consideration, I have made the personal decision to step away from football to focus on my family. Personally, it has been extremely difficult for my family and me. We have been apart for the past two years for the first time in my 30-year coaching career. I have been a long-distance husband to my devoted wife, Jonna. I missed my twin daughters’ entire senior year of high school, along with sending them off to college. My son, Cally, is a high school football and baseball player. I have only seen two of Cally’s baseball games and two of his football games in two years. As every parent can imagine, being a long-distance dad to my children has been extremely difficult on everyone.

“At every step in my coaching career, I have emphasized to my players and coaches that family must come first, that family comes before football. Simply put, it is time for me to walk the walk.”

The former SEC Network analyst reportedly may return to TV. Urban Meyer spent a year as an ESPN analyst after he stepped down at Florida when he felt he need to spend more time with his family, similarly citing having missed too many of his kids’ sporting events.

Chizik coached at Auburn from 2009-12, leading the Tigers to a BCS Championship in 2010.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
When you knock the door down by going 5-8 in CUSA, you have to expect teams to notice that coaching talent.

2 SEC schools hired one of their assistants (UK & UF) and an ACC school (UNC) hired their DC (to possibly replace Gene Chizik).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We are battling Kintucky and Vandy for the directional school bargains.

As I was saying....this was in today's coaching search (patting myself on the back!!). They don't even mention the biggest "poaching" of the staff, in UF taking the greatest up-and-coming OL coach in all of college football!! But who is Kevin Patrick? I thought Brad Davis was the NT OL coach:

North Texas' staff has been poached by several Power 5 schools this offseason.

To fill Chizik’s spot, North Carolina is hiring UNT defensive coordinator Mike Ekeler, and Kentucky will also hire UNT defensive line coach Derrick LeBlanc, per sources. This comes after offensive line coach Kevin Patrick took the same job at Texas Tech last month.

It’s a sign that you put together a good staff when that happens. Littrell took over a 1-11 program and went 5-8 in his first season. He will promote co-defensive coordinator / safeties coach Troy Reffett to defensive coordinator, and there are openings on the offensive and defensive line jobs.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I was saying....this was in today's coaching search (patting myself on the back!!). They don't even mention the biggest "poaching" of the staff, in UF taking the greatest up-and-coming OL coach in all of college football!! But who is Kevin Patrick? I thought Brad Davis was the NT OL coach:

North Texas' staff has been poached by several Power 5 schools this offseason.

To fill Chizik’s spot, North Carolina is hiring UNT defensive coordinator Mike Ekeler, and Kentucky will also hire UNT defensive line coach Derrick LeBlanc, per sources. This comes after offensive line coach Kevin Patrick took the same job at Texas Tech last month.

It’s a sign that you put together a good staff when that happens. Littrell took over a 1-11 program and went 5-8 in his first season. He will promote co-defensive coordinator / safeties coach Troy Reffett to defensive coordinator, and there are openings on the offensive and defensive line jobs.
Kevin Patrick is a defensive line coach according to the interwebz.​

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@McMurphyESPN: Josh Henson, hired as Arizona State’s OL coach/run game coordinator last month, named OL coach at Oklahoma State, his alma mater

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Auburn: North Carolina running backs coach Larry Porter will join the Auburn offensive staff, according to 247Sports. Porter has been at UNC since 2014 and has also been an assistant at Texas, Arizona State LSU, Oklahoma State and Arkansas State. He was Memphis head coach from 2010-11.

Arkansas: Atlanta Falcons defensive assistant Chad Walker has joined the Arkansas staff as outside linebackers coach. Walker spent two years with the Falcons and has also worked at Oklahoma, Mississippi College, Bryant and the Miami Dolphins.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Georgia: New defensive line coach Tray Scott will earn $325,000 in base salary, according to the AJC. Scott was set to earn $375,000 at Ole Miss, but it’s possible he could receive supplemental income at UGA.

Miami (FL): Defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski has added the title of assistant head coach. The Hurricanes were No. 5 nationally in tackles for loss and No. 22 in sacks last season. Kuligowski is entering his second year on staff.

LSU: New running backs / assistant head coach Tommie Robinson will earn $575,000 in the first year of his 3-year deal, with an increase to $600,000 in the second two, and LSU paid his $237,500 buyout to USC, according to The Advocate. Wide receivers coach Mickey Joseph will earn $225,000 annually on a 2-year deal.

South Carolina: Former Tennessee player Corey Miller has joined the South Carolina staff as an assistant strength coach, according to 247Sports. Miller played at Tennessee from 2010-13 and has been a personal trainer in Knoxville.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Kiffin completes hes staff at FAU:

Lane Kiffin has completed his staff at FAU.

It was a messy end for Kiffin at Alabama, parting ways ahead of the national title game, but Kiffin got a staff together and brought in the highest-ranked recruiting class in Conference USA earlier this month.

Kiffin takes over an FAU program that has gone 3-9 in three straight years and brings back most of the starting lineup on both sides this season. Kiffin’s staff is a mix of Alabama and family ties and other younger coaches.

2017%20FAU%20staff.png

One of Kiffin’s first hires was a controversial one in offensive coordinator Kendal Briles, who not only comes from Baylor after the sexual assault scandal, but has been named in lawsuits and is Art Briles’ son. Kiffin has said Kendal Briles was vetted and has stood by the hire.

Kiffin turned to his coaching family for another early hire in defensive coordinator Chris Kiffin, his brother. Chris Kiffin spent the last five years as Ole Miss defensive line coach, developing some of the best defensive lines in the country. Safeties coach / special teams coordinator Corey Batoon also followed Chris Kiffin from Ole Miss after he was set to move to an off-field role there.

Lane Kiffin brought two coaches with him from Alabama in tight ends coach Charlie Weis Jr. and head strength coach Wilson Love. Weis spent two years as an analyst with the Tide.

A former Kiffin assistant at USC, Keynodo Hudson joined FAU as cornerbacks coach after six years as a defensive administrative assistant at USC. Hudson was previously a high school coach in Florida when Kiffin hired him at USC in 2011.

Kiffin made several other hires with ties to the state. Defensive line coach Eric Mathies spent the last four years at South Florida. Running backs coach Kevin Smith has only been in coaching for a few years, working as an intern and quality control assistant UCF, his alma mater. Smith is from Miami. Wide receivers coach Gary Harrell is a Miami native and spent the last six years as the head coach at Howard.

Offensive line coach Garin Justice was the only coach retained from the previous staff. Justice dealt with massive injuries to the line in his first season, with 6 guys lost for the season and 9 who missed at least one game.

The Kiffin era at FAU begins with games against Navy, at Wisconsin and Bethune-Cookman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.