Coaching hires (at other schools)

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not a school, but somewhat gator related.

@RapSheet: #Falcons are officially dismissing D.C. Richard Smith & DL coach Bryan Cox, per the team. Smith may stay in an advisory role. He's exploring. Falcons are expected to promote from within for their defensive coordinator. Two options: DBs coach Marquand Manuel & LBs coach Jeff Ulbrich

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I cant believe they are firing a DC after one bad game. Creyer did the same for his OC.

I think you need at least three to four years of suckage before you even consider firing a terrible coordinator.:mac:

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCES: Jimmie Dougherty is leaving #Oregon & is expected to become the new WR coach at #UCLA.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Georgia: Ole Miss defensive line coach Tray Scott has accepted the same job at Georgia, per multiple reports. Scott joined Ole Miss earlier this year after two years at North Carolina

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dameyune Craig is "being vetted" for Oregon's WR coach per football scoop.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia: Ole Miss defensive line coach Tray Scott has accepted the same job at Georgia, per multiple reports. Scott joined Ole Miss earlier this year after two years at North Carolina
So weird. Wasnt that guy already under contract!?!!! You cant hire a guy under contract somewhere else.

I figured theyd hire someone from Northern South Texas International Atlantic University. That's where all the really good coaches are.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I cant believe they are firing a DC after one bad game. Creyer did the same for his OC.

I think you need at least three to four years of suckage before you even consider firing a terrible coordinator.:mac:
To be fair the defense hasn't been good all year or last year. Cox is surprising because I thought the d line improved this year. The individual units all improved, but overall they have been in the lower 5-10 the last two years. The only argument is a lot of the points were trash time they gave up

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not CFB related, but UF:

Atlanta Falcons: Former Florida defensive line coach Bryant Young is expected to join the Falcons as defensive line coach, according to ESPN. Young worked at Florida from 2011-13, working there with Dan Quinn.

Ironically, he'll be replacing Bryan Cox Sr as the DL coach.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
@CFTalk: Report: Alabama expected to interview George Godsey for OC job #collegefootball https://wp.me/p14QTT-1AYX

IMO, this would be a mediocre hire. Sure, he has the NFL pedigree (as a 5+ year OC), but Saban has a DT QB, not a pro-style...and he seemingly wanted to go away from a full pro-style (although they still run the ball a lot). Interesting move.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
IMO, this would be a mediocre hire. Sure, he has the NFL pedigree (as a 5+ year OC), but Saban has a DT QB, not a pro-style...and he seemingly wanted to go away from a full pro-style (although they still run the ball a lot). Interesting move.
Yeah it is a weird name, but apparently he has ties to multiple people on staff.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
South Florida: Miami Carol City High School defensive coordinator Damon Cogdell will join the USF staff, according to CBS Miami. Cogdell spent last year at Carol City after two years as co-defensive line coach at West Virginia.

Charlie hiring a HS coach (who has previous CFB experience).

----

This is surprising, considering LSU has one of (if not THE) highest assistant salary payrolls in CFB:

LSU: Outside linebackers coach Dennis Johnson will earn $180,000 annually on a 2-year deal, according to The Advocate. Johnson was a graduate assistant and promoted to outside linebackers when Les Miles was dismissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator