Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There was an article a couple/few weeks ago that pondered what would happen with coaches during this time. Would the early NSD prompt early coaching changes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will be pissed if Skipper stays as an assistant. if he goes in the recruiting office or something like that okay. his positions have always been terrible at UF
From what I've heard skipper is gone.
The 2 DL names that I keep hearing are.
1) Philadelphia Eagles DL Chris Wilson
2) Kentucky's DL Derrick LeBlanc

Yeah that’s a tough one. I understand if they let him go. But he has been our best recruiter for the last three years. In fact, he’s one of the best recruiters in the nation. But I agree with you Law. I don’t think he can coach for shyt.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah that’s a tough one. I understand if they let him go. But he has been our best recruiter for the last three years. In fact, he’s one of the best recruiters in the nation. But I agree with you Law. I don’t think he can coach for shyt.
If he's really that good of a recruiter, then pay him 6 figures to be QC like Law said. I really don't know where he ranks but it he were a top 10 guy, it'd be worth it. You could pull someone off the road and just let him take their place right? Seems like we did that when Joker had to quit. We let Drew Hughes or Hova or someone like that go on the road. I'm sure we've got a coach or two that either won't really want to grind on the trail or just won't be good at it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he's really that good of a recruiter, then pay him 6 figures to be QC like Law said. I really don't know where he ranks but it he were a top 10 guy, it'd be worth it. You could pull someone off the road and just let him take their place right? Seems like we did that when Joker had to quit. We let Drew Hughes or Hova or someone like that go on the road. I'm sure we've got a coach or two that either won't really want to grind on the trail or just won't be good at it.

He’ll make triple that as an Asst Coach elsewhere.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He’ll make triple that as an Asst Coach elsewhere.
six figures runs all the way to $999,999 ;) And no I'm not advocating on the high side of that, but if he really is that elite, give him $250K or so and let him recruit. If he enjoys recruiting and likely better job security, he might take it. He could maybe make more money as a coach, but he'll end up getting fired and move around a lot. Just depends what he wants and what UF is willing to do. Now do I think this is remotely possible with UF being cheap and unimaginative in recent years? No, but it's a thought. Everyone wants something different in life.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@adariuslemons: Every since Mullen came to Florida, Florida starting to look like a power house
#DropsTheMic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.