Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really? bc I seem to remember both Reese and Joseph looking serviceable under RFS.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
@adariuslemons: Every since Mullen came to Florida, Florida starting to look like a power house
#DropsTheMic
giphy.gif

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm more than happy to have Billy back coaching WR we haven't had a true one since he left and I couldn't name all the wannabes we have had one after the other since he left.
It was just one of many things that I knew until we got fixed we couldn't compete.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Really? bc I seem to remember both Reese and Joseph looking serviceable under RFS.

We used to have some really great linebackers coming through Florida. The new David Reese coming in is probably the first good linebacker we would’ve had here in five or six years. We may have found a gem in Ventrill Miller as well. He was probably the most talented linebacker signed under Mac.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I wish we'd just forget about what's-his-name, since we get fanatically ugly about him.?? Time to be better Gators with our better HC, better staff, better players, more cohesive team concepts. We're overdue getting cheered up and cheering.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

And it makes sense to have a coach focus on the OLB’s & DE’s as a group in a 3-4.

Whoever has the LB’s - that is Grantham’s specialty so he’d be coaching the coach there if he’s not doing it himself.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I'd guess that twitter account is closed.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I was thinking about the frequency the OLBs will become the 4th rusher or have edge responsibilities. A great DE can drop back into coverage.

Good point re: the DT coaching. Maybe areas of responsibility is a better way to think about it. DE’s work with one coach for LOS training and another for edge & coverage skills.

But please, I don’t have expertise in this beyond being a bench warming ILB in a HS 4-4-3 40 years ago. Just thinking out loud.

Maybe overstating it to say “specialty” but he did coach LB’s at MSU, right? He can easily shape the drills & calls etc. if he thinks Skipper needs direction.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Traz, I apoligize to you and should ask forgiveness but, gracious, real forgivingness would destroy this good sports board. It's total non-forgiveness that powers this board = the whiplash backlash between GatChat "friends" bullwhipping each others posts. :D

Anyway, I've popped-off at you with some pointed darts; at no time did I intend to be honest.:confused:?? You, Traz, are a 5*poster; this I realize because I don't understand much of them at all. See, I merely have a "cosmetic knowledge" of football, while you have a reverent, devoted immersed knowledge. Thanks for your honest urge to share your know-how anyhow. Just remember: it's always target practice around here.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ironic... ‘Rog... YOU talking of not understanding someone’s post... o_O

I get the dig and enjoyed it ... but I hope Traz & all understood that I hadn't the football know-how to understsnd his understanding, understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator