Coaching Staff Updates: Robinson named linebackers coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I like the new coaching staff. Now need players that wanna be here and state of the art facilities.
giphy.gif

Notice that the only coaches who truly b!tch about facilities are either losing, shiitty recruiters or both (i.e. Mac). I haven't once heard Mullen complain about facilities and yet this class is shaping up to be incredible, especially in a transition year. Stop with the facilities crap.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the facilities do need upgrading but it doesnt have to be the main focus. It does however need to be moving forward asap.
I never said they didn't, but to act like we are losing recruits and football games because of the facilities is loser talk. Hit the trail and actually do your job.

MrMyjestic

Oct 6, 2017
giphy.gif

Notice that the only coaches who truly b!tch about facilities are either losing, shiitty recruiters or both (i.e. Mac). I haven't once heard Mullen complain about facilities and yet this class is shaping up to be incredible, especially in a transition year. Stop with the facilities crap.
I will not. Wise up. We lag behind.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
I'm sure we've lost recruits due to lack of facilities, it's the type of thing that can set you over the top for recruits. The highest rated kids usually have their pick of schools and facilities or lack thereof can be a huge factor. Kids are leaving the state to go to schools like Clemson because they have lots to offer and then have the facilities to wow them. Put those facilities at UF and they don't have any reason to leave the state unless they're looking for that change which isn't many.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Kids are leaving the state to go to schools like Clemson because they have lots to offer and then have the facilities to wow them. Put those facilities at UF and they don't have any reason to leave the state unless they're looking for that change which isn't many.
Like winning and competing for National Championships?

Put those facilities at UF and they don't have any reason to leave the state unless they're looking for that change which isn't many.
I don't care if Florida offered Thai messages with Happy Endings after each practice, no way in hell I'm coming to Florida over the past eight years because the coaching has been God awful and they've lost, a lot. Go back and look at all of the careers that Mac and Muschamp have ruined for kids that had potential of making it to the league. These are themes that you better believe opposing coaches used against FL on the recruiting trail. Facilities are an easy scapegoat for poor coaching.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Like winning and competing for National Championships?

I don't care if Florida offered Thai messages with Happy Endings after each practice, no way in hell I'm coming to Florida over the past eight years because the coaching has been God awful and they've lost, a lot. Go back and look at all of the careers that Mac and Muschamp have ruined for kids that had potential of making it to the league. These are themes that you better believe opposing coaches used against FL on the recruiting trail. Facilities are an easy scapegoat for poor coaching.

Cap, you are 100% right about the coaching. It's been atrocious and inexcusable that it was allowed to go on as long as it has. Same goes for facilities. And facilities is an issue plain and simple. It's cost us recruits and will continue to cost us recruits until they are on par w/ the big boys.

All things being equal, most 17 year old HS kids are going to take the iphone 10 vs. the iphone 5. That's about the best analogy I can come up w/ in regards to our facilities.

We need to make Mullen's job easier (by upgrading the facilities) vs. harder by stubbornly beating our chests, "We're FLORIDA, dammit!!" (and when I say "stubbornly beating our chests" I'm talking about the refusal to admit our facilities are playing a part in us losing recruits).

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cap, you are 100% right about the coaching. It's been atrocious and inexcusable that it was allowed to go on as long as it has. Same goes for facilities. And facilities is an issue plain and simple. It's cost us recruits and will continue to cost us recruits until they are on par w/ the big boys.

All things being equal, most 17 year old HS kids are going to take the iphone 10 vs. the iphone 5. That's about the best analogy I can come up w/ in regards to our facilities.

We need to make Mullen's job easier (by upgrading the facilities) vs. harder by stubbornly beating our chests, "We're FLORIDA, dammit!!" (and when I say "stubbornly beating our chests" I'm talking about the refusal to admit our facilities are playing a part in us losing recruits).

Facilities don’t just affect recruits they also affect current players. Although it seemed to many on this board that an indoor practice facility was not necessary, it is actually incredibly crucial for practice. There have been several years but we’ve had a dozen practices knocked out due to weather in the summer. And while in the past that may have not been catastrophic, with today’s training, nutrition, and IPFs at other schools, they are able to continually training and practice. They can practice and train during inclement weather, at night, individually, etc... It allows the players to really hone their craft.

I believe that the next thing that they’re working on right now is upgrading the dorm system. Which is in great need of updating.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

We definitely need an upgrade. However, shiny new facilities won't turn a poor coaching staff into great recruiters.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Facilities don’t just affect recruits they also affect current players. Although it seemed to many on this board that an indoor practice facility was not necessary, it is actually incredibly crucial for practice. There have been several years but we’ve had a dozen practices knocked out due to weather in the summer. And while in the past that may have not been catastrophic, with today’s training, nutrition, and IPFs at other schools, they are able to continually training and practice. They can practice and train during inclement weather, at night, individually, etc... It allows the players to really hone their craft.

I believe that the next thing that they’re working on right now is upgrading the dorm system. Which is in great need of updating.
Agreed. The players live, eat, hang out in these facilities every day for 4 years. Ours look like prison rooms. Kids see that. The upgrades will help even more

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida: Sources tell FootballScoop Mississippi State offensive & defensive quality control coaches Bret Beachner and Karibi Dede are both on their way to join Dan Mullen’s staff at Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator