College basketball is about to be flipped on its head

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
College Basketball is ALREADY flipped on its head this year with top teams losing left and right every night. 3 top 10 teams lost yet again tonight...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
College Basketball is ALREADY flipped on its head this year with top teams losing left and right every night. 3 top 10 teams lost yet again tonight...
Goes to show you, Florida ain't that bad after all.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Would not at all be surprised to see teams like UK, Duke, and UNC involved in this. It makes very little sense to see 3-4 players ranked inside the top 10 go to the same school at one time when basketball tends to be a sport where one player likes to be an alpha especially in college basketball. Young players love to be the center of attention in college basketball. Then Cal went to UK and change the game completely which I don't buy. Duke has the top 3 player overall for next years class think about that, it's kinda like when UGA all of a sudden pulls 8 5* players in football something is fishy about that and it ain't Kirby. I don't see UF being involved in this at all.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've been waiting so long for Cal to get caught. I remember a few people on here were telling me stop complaining until i had proof. Mjm rings a bell. Anyhow, I'm counting down the days for them to go down.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kitty Kats have to be the prime target.

giphy.gif

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Article says as many as 50 programs may have issues, so who knows what programs are gonna get hammered. But as many pointed out, Cal has to be at the top of the list.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Article says as many as 50 programs may have issues, so who knows what programs are gonna get hammered. But as many pointed out, Cal has to be at the top of the list.
They're gonna be zeroed in on him like osama bin laden

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way this amount to a hill of beans. If there's 50 top programs involved in some giant scheme, it would crush college basketball. This whole thing will be swept away and blamed on some rogue agent or bag man.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No way this amount to a hill of beans. If there's 50 top programs involved in some giant scheme, it would crush college basketball. This whole thing will be swept away and blamed on some rogue agent or bag man.
My hope is fsu and kentucky. Pretty obvious both teams are cheating

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This was caused by making them attend school for a year.

You'd think Cal is the number one target.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Miami is going to be toward the top of the list as well. They should offer a graduate degree in Lack of Institutional Control.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky, FSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, Miami, Duke, and UNC.

This is my wish list for the teams to get hammered. Would be hilarious.

Trying to think who we would have paid the past few years? We don’t land elite talent...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No way this amount to a hill of beans.

Talent-traffickers. BBall cayotes.
This is an "almost-says-something-article"... 3 cases with all info under protective order.
Luckily, they got impeccable no-named sources. This hits 50 programs & HOF coaches with no-names.
There's a general expectation that this information will be released.

One anonymous source said: "I don't know what they're gonna do?" (just further proof, what a scoop)
It would be better to change the rules to fit these coaches' recruiting "style".

Says: The NCAA involvement in this case has been minimal..The NCAA has been in consistent contact with the federal investigators. {when you make stuff up, staying on point gets slippery.} & {consistent contact is odd terminology.}

Adidas defense attorney pleads to judge to dismiss the case since this is all victimless, because all schools benefitted from getting great players. :D

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I'm thinking the net will be cast over a lot of the obvious suspected offenders (UK, UNC, Duke, Louisville, Nova, Cincy, Michigan State) and others (Arizona under Sean Miller has to be a huge suspect, as well as Auburn with Pearl, Tennessee, Miami, FSU, West Virginia).
Teams I think are relatively clean...us, Virginia, obviously the service academies, and probably the Creightons and ETSUs of the world.
Iffy ones...Rhode Island (Seriously, 15 losses in '15-'16 to 10 losses in '16-17 to 3 this year...and only one in-state player on the roster. Yeah, it's a small state, but there are some good players in the Providence area), Xavier, Gonzaga.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Color me cynical.

Given everything that has happened in the last few years, without any ramifications (Miami, UNC, et.al.), I don't care how bad something sounds. Until I see a program of any stature truly punished, I treat all of this as hearsay.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not suggesting that all of this is not true, I simply have lost ALL faith in the NCAA to do anything about it.
Let's be honest, the FBI could indict the top 10 coaches and AD's in the country and convict them of crimes and the NCAA will still find a way to weasel out of any real action.
Do you honestly believe that the NCAA would come after Coach K. and Duke? Do you really?

I hope this one proves me wrong but until it happens this is blah, blah, blah to me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
By the time the Fed-case winds up, then the NCAA will get the evidence so it can start their slow-grinding wheels.
Most coaches will be ready to retire. Calapari will probably be President of the NCAA.

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
If nothing else, I hope this situation serves as a reset for college basketball and the NBA. Growing up in the 80s and early 90s, I absolutely loved college basketball, but the one and done era has absolutely ruined it for me as a fan of the sport aside from my rooting interest in the Gators.

If the NBA is unwilling to act, I believe the NCAA needs to grow a pair and institute scholarship restrictions on schools who have players leave early. This would at least bring an end to the hoarding of top end talent to a select few programs. The moment you sign a kid to a scholarship, that scholarship spot is locked up for a minimum of a 2-3 years period. Gives the kids the freedom to leave if they choose, while penalizing programs who continually recruit talent that are really just one or two year hired mercenaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator