Column: Hey Gators fans, you would be lucky to have Del Rio as your starting QB

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So we haven't had the talent and the other teams haven't been down enough to have a big passing game? In 15 years? We aren't talking a 400 yard passing game either.
We've had the talent to win a couple national championships. I don't care if it's done with 400 passing yards, 400 rushing yards, or 250 of each. :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In a tight game 3rd and long, you have to have it and the receivers are fairly well covered, who of the top 3 QB's has the talent to rocket the ball 20+ yards into that extremely tight window? I personally don't think it's LDR.

I think LDR is most likely to dump it to a back, Zaire is more likely to scramble and Franks is mostly likely to throw an int.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Look at the drive summaries against Ole Miss (108th ranked pass defense), take away Powell's 77 yard reception (3 plays 81 yard drive). You only have 3 drives over 30 yards, 5 plays 61 yards, 13 plays 91 yards, and 7 plays 37 yards. Nine other drives were we were either in positive yards (due to Defense, and still barely moved the ball) or punted barely moving the ball. Nuttlicker was still the OC in that game, look at the play by play and drive summary you can see it.

No, I agree that the OM game was largely just a few bigger plays and then a fairly pedestrian offensive performance otherwise. But that is also pretty much the case with Uk last year. As I said, we're on the same page about the standard and expectations of QB play. I was just sort of nitpicking on your stat.

You seem to always find a way to argue with me. So it was my turn.:lol:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Setting the tone and air in the sails has nothing to do with giving up 466 yards to Arkansas.

Not having enough ass up the middle does.

Perhaps not, but that kicks your defense in the Balz when your offense shyts the bed.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:ohboy:
Now we're comparing the stats of the media jock strap representative of our school LDR to Tebow... a Heisman...

:shutmouth:

:bsflag:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
and enough talent for the first 4-8 season in 3+ decades.

Having a complete clown on the sidelines, who welcomed a mass exodus of players who weren't his own, is what caused us to lose 8 games. Injuries or not, you don't lose to GSU and get blown out by Vu because of lack of talent. Not at UF.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Having a complete clown on the sidelines, who welcomed a mass exodus of players who weren't his own, is what caused us to lose 8 games. Injuries or not, you don't lose to GSU and get blown out by Vu because of lack of talent. Not at UF.

Don't disagree.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I think LDR is most likely to dump it to a back, Zaire is more likely to scramble and Franks is mostly likely to throw an int.
This is probably pretty accurate. I still would rather have Franks trying to gun it in and take a chance than DelRio and his noodle trying to skip it to the WR. Zaire could probably pick up some third down and whatever distance with his legs. So either one of those guys would at least give us a chance.
I still think the potential of those two QBs are better than anything we've had in awhile. Grier maybe but that's the only guy since Tebow.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014

It wasn't Champs fault those players never could find the midline. They needed to go to another school.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, we hired another clown from the same circus.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
LDR is the starter, Alabama DOES NOT win the SEC West, and we win at least 10 games book it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Official Sunshine Pumper, indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.