Column: Hey Gators fans, you would be lucky to have Del Rio as your starting QB

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For the love of God, it's not even Sept. 2 and we're already suffering from Luke Del Rio overload.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What would be any different about that than any other night....and most days when he's on here....:lol2:
tenor.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just a bit over LDR's snarky attitude. I watched the goings-on in the video at Fan Day. Feleipe Franks and Malik Zaire gleefully signed posters and smiled with the fans. Zaire in particular looked like he really enjoyed the interaction. I like this guy. He has an infectious smile and I think it's going to rub off on his teammates.

Del Rio, meanwhile, sat in his chair with what appeared to be a sneer on his face, going through the paces, as if to say what am I doing here? I thought to myself, what in the world is wrong with you, son? You're getting a free college education and you get to play college football at the same time. Tell us just what it is you think the world owes you.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I'm developing a resentment toward LDR. He brought this on, not the coaching staff, not the fans, but him. He has to work through it, not us.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Haven't two other schools already rejected him? That's one of the worst articles ever written.

I was going to say how good it was to see that UF's journalism department was doing such a good job preparing students to be members of the media. You know the customer is always wrong.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Actually i take that back. That last thing he wrote was pretty disturbing.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
This is from the student paper right? I have always had a problem with the sports section in the Alligator. It's usually a kid that's practicing at being a sports beat writer and they don't have a very good perspective on the football team. If this writer thinks that coaches all over are dying for a kid like DelRio then he has zero clue what's going on here at UF's football program. It sounds like this writer has no clue about football at all with most of these comments.
We are unfortunately probably going to have to sit through him starting again. Hopefully he's improved. He's a jackass that almost 100% of the fanbase dislikes. He should not get another shot based on what he's shown on the playing field and definitely not after acting like a jackass. That's not how a leader of a football team acts.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Don't believe your eyes, basically. Luke sucks, over the past year of all Gator lows I've endured learning that Luke was coming back was about bottom of the barrel.
The win stats given in the article show nothing about how the game was won or how Del Rio performed I acknowledge he was injured most of the season, but Mac chose to go with him instead of Appleby. He stunk it up, then he's snarky to fans. It's totally predictable that fans don't want to see him starting.

Would have been smarter to not try to sell him, especially right after the goldfish comment, and just let his performance stand for itself. Trying to sell him looks pathetic. He didn't do himself any favors by shooting himself in the foot with the public statements he makes either.

You can't have it both ways, badmouthing the fans and expecting them to like you. If he thinks he was judged unfairly because of injury, his issue is with Mac and/or himself or physicians deciding he should /could play with increasing injury.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As Tampa Bay Times writer Matt Baker pointed out, Del Rio’s 320-yard, four-touchdown game against Kentucky was statistically the best performance by a Gators QB against an SEC school in 15 years.

Sorry, but the saddest part of this article is this. We haven't had a quarterback to have a better game than the game he had against Kentucky since Grossman. Let that fcking sink in.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but the saddest part of this article is this. We haven't had a quarterback to have a better game than the game he had against Kentucky since Grossman. Let that fcking sink in.

Except it isn't even true. Tebow threw for 482 yards against Cincinnati in the Sugar bowl for a school record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.