Comments from former players on our situation

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Omar Hunter is a Gator, so let's just all hope and pray he gets the treatment he needs.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I would be willing to go with one more year, but then Champ gets no buyout unless he meets or exceeds objective criteria. The rest of the staff would have a deal. I understand that the staff is working hard and is good people, that is not enough. You go to UF to perform not to hang around and be nice.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
VulcanAlex;n95172 said:
I would be willing to go with one more year, but then Champ gets no buyout unless he meets or exceeds objective criteria. The rest of the staff would have a deal. I understand that the staff is working hard and is good people, that is not enough. You go to UF to perform not to hang around and be nice.

Uhh, no.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n95172 said:
I would be willing to go with one more year
I'm going to pray you get the treatment you need as well. We're all here for support.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The guy that played for spurrier and zook hit the nail on the head. I do disagree about hargraves he came here with Roberson ,purifoy and Watson.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n95172 said:

Forget no buyout. How about he has to pay back every dollar that he has gotten from UF.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
G 2;n95201 said:
Forget no buyout. How about he has to pay back every dollar that he has gotten from UF.

Cant say the guy didnt work while he was here. His work ethic isnt being questioned. His inability to be a head coach at a top tier program is. He isnt worth the amount of money we have paid him but he has tried. He just isnt cut out for the position.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the input, I don't expect Champ to put his buyout on the line and of course my idea of objective criteria would be very tight and hard to meet. I do understand that many think I am crazy and that is OK, I might be at least by the standards of some. I won't mention a poster who might agree.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Fever and T Rex, thank you for these interesting and informative pieces of info. The one from 2013 is a reminder of some of what had become either obvious or a reasonable conclusion. This account also fits what Murphy said, and I felt at the time Muschamp was lying.

", but nobody can show their talent when they are afraid to screw up"

That comment is so descriptive of what we keep seeing, not just with K Taylor.. People have commented on this for a couple of years now, but it is interesting to hear from a former player.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n94950 said:
I have no problem with former guys speaking up. But anonymous is BS. Good link.

I would rather hear their honest thoughts, anonymous or not. It is understandable that a lot of former players wouldn't want to publicly bash the program. I'm sure Tebow has some honest thoughts about the state of the program, although he would never come out and say it to the press.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, those are some interesting comments. Players, and especially former players, know the difference.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Curious why they won't keep it real.chump sucks period

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n95053 said:
And Ahmad Black....."He's a great coach, but it's time for a change." :lol: :crazy:

What a perfect example of a guy trying to be complimentary while also saying he should be fired. Just say what you feel, man.
There's no point in being a jerk about it. He got his point across

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n95449 said:
There's no point in being a jerk about it. He got his point across
There's also no point in being a pansy about it. Just say it's time for a change and leave it at that. OR don't comment publicly at all. Adding "he's a great coach" after calling for his firing just makes you sound idiotic.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n95458 said:
There's also no point in being a pansy about it. Just say it's time for a change and leave it at that. OR don't comment publicly at all. Adding "he's a great coach" after calling for his firing just makes you sound idiotic.
No, idiotic is saying give him one more year. The kid was obviously struggling to word it nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.