deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n107109 said:
he still here! and who is we?

Del 's comment probably reflect how many feel.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2ndAmend;n107112 said:
Pumpers will not go down without a fight....

Just because he stated the truth you label him a pumper.... :crazy:

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
About time.......... Probably should have been fired after last season but Foley thought things would be markedly better but the improvements were not enough and not timely enough.

Can't wait to find out who the new coach will be.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
601Gator;n108074 said:
And some of you thought he would be retained. Lol.

I think Foley would have been in an extremely awkward and difficult position had we found a way to win out. Hell, if Velez gets some lift on that FG attempt at the end of the game yesterday and nails it, we'd still be talking about what could happen if we won out.

Granted, our chances at Atlanta would have ended with UGA's win, so the whole SECCG scenario would have been kaput, and it might not have mattered anyway. I said after the Alabama game that Foley wouldn't fire him while we were still mathematically alive in the SEC East race, and it's entirely possible he still would have pulled the plug even if we had won yesterday, given the fact that UGA beat Auburn. However, in that case, he might have waited until the end of the season.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;108078 said:
I think Foley would have been in an extremely awkward and difficult position had we found a way to win out. Hell, if Velez gets some lift on that FG attempt at the end of the game yesterday and nails it, we'd still be talking about what could happen if we won out.

Granted, our chances at Atlanta would have ended with UGA's win, so the whole SECCG scenario would have been kaput, and it might not have mattered anyway. I said after the Alabama game that Foley wouldn't fire him while we were still mathematically alive in the SEC East race, and it's entirely possible he still would have pulled the plug even if we had won yesterday, given the fact that UGA beat Auburn. However, in that case, he might have waited until the end of the season.
Agreed. I'm think he was leaning more toward letting him go more than retaining him, but Foley is also about showing respect to his coaches and the timing would need to be right before making an announcement. Muschamp helped that with the results Saturday.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are out of the SEC East race, and he is fired. If we would have won and Georgia also won, I would have expected the same result.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n107568 said:
Foley screwed up, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt with the new hire. I think he probably learned the correct lessons.
I thought the same thing after Zook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.