Corrine Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSJGator

Aug 4, 2014
Living here in Tallhasse, my assnole "friends" will trot that out around the beginning of football season with the intent of ruffling my feathers. I've just taken to ignoring them. All year long. Life is better now....

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I give you the text of her speech. I'll leave it to the reader to decide if it as written by someone with a Master's degree or an 8th grader.

Thank you Mr. Speaker.

I rise today to congratulate my University of Florida football team for winning it’s 2nd NCAA BCS Championship bowl game in the last three seasons. Go Gators!

I want to congratulate the University of Florida for being the best academic school but also the athletic school in the country.

Their 24-14 victory over Oklahoma Sooners showed off team spirit, sportsmanship and one of the best defense plays I have ever seen.

They held the team, the highest scoring offense to just 14 points.

The Gators once again came back to prove the University of Florida season was no fluke and that Florida Gators are again a championship team that have made history.

Congratulations to the great players and outstanding Coach Urban Meyer for coaching a remarkable group of guys.

Let’s do a quick fact check:

The Gators have won their second national championship in the past three years and the third in the school’s history.
Florida is the fourth school in the modern era to win two outright national championship titles in three years.
Florida finished the 2008 season with a 13-1 record, matching the single season school record for wins.
Tim Tebow became the fifth player since 1950 to win a Heisman trophy and two national championships.
The win makes Urban Meyer the fifth active coach with multiple national titles and the fifth coach since the AP poll began in 1936 to win two national championships in his first four season at a school.
Tim Tebow, Florida’s leading quarterback, not only ran for 109 yards but threw 18 for 30 and was flawless in the fourth quarter alone.

It is malice the most pressure that he was under.

Percy Harvin, who’s gutsy play won him the game ball came back from an ankle injury and dashed for 122 yards on only nine carries and it was his 52 yard rundown that stretch up to Jonathan Phillips’ 27 yard field goal early in the quarter for a 17-14 lead, which the gators never lost and never looked back.

There have been discussion in this body about having a national championship playoff.

Let me clear, we’ve had a playoff, and I hate to say it, that everything is just not equal.

We want to encourage all of our kids to participate in sports an activities because we know that it builds character but it is clear that the Gators are superb to any other schools with the conferences that we play in.

So in closing, I am to leave you again with the Gators chant that I just love… One, two, three, four, five… the Gators don’t take no jive.

I yield back the balance of my time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry if this rubs some wrongly, but this old fact just popped into my mind during this thread. = The first anthropologists to make "friends" with Pigmy people of the deep Amazon jungle, convinced some tribesmen to accompany the scientists out of the dense forests for the first time ever. Standing together, looking out over the wide open plain, all the pigmies started pointing and "giggling". What they were laughing at was seeing far off, some field working people who were way smaller than the pygmies themselves. You see, they had never used or developed any "distant-vision" and they thought those people were actually that small. (True story.) :cool:
You made that up, didn't you?

Also, what is the relevance to this thread? Just wondering?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You know, that was pretty aggressive for CNN.

I wonder if that reporterette got fired.

I actually went back when I first saw it..... I remember saying, "damn that was CNN". You're right that reporter probably got crap over that.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...congressional-redistricting-slavery-post.html

Nov 10, 2015:
“What has happened is that it is clear that you all think that slavery still exists, and we can just take those slaves and put them in one area and forget about the people who didn’t have representation for 129 years,” Brown told reporters on the steps of the courthouse after the hearing.
The worst part is she thinks the people in those areas are actually better off with her representing them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, the worse part is that those people think they're better off with her representing them.
It blows my mind that 80% of the people in her district don't watch her clips and think "Damn, I'm way smarter than her. Honey, I'm running for Congress."

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It blows my mind that 80% of the people in her district don't watch her clips and think "Damn, I'm way smarter than her. Honey, I'm running for Congress."
That's true. There has to be SOMEBODY else with some charisma in that district that could run against her and win. Once you're in, you get overpaid and have ridiculous benefits for life. No one else wants a piece of that? Hell, twice she's run unopposed! :ugh:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
That's true. There has to be SOMEBODY else with some charisma in that district that could run against her and win. Once you're in, you get overpaid and have ridiculous benefits for life. No one else wants a piece of that? Hell, twice she's run unopposed! :ugh:

Thinking about moving right now....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You made that up, didn't you?

Also, what is the relevance to this thread? Just wondering?

Just said this thread caused this to pop into my head.
The pigmy story is true.
For another study, check the visual acuity of sea gypsies, Moken children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator