Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is the UFPD most of these guys are nole/cane/bama/uga fans..
I know a former ASO officer and he had an interesting take on UPD officers. He said they had a lot of education and training, but no experience and they gain very little at UF. So basically you have a bunch of people trying to prove themselves, by doing the wrong things because they don't know how to police. They know how to write tickets and recite statutes, but don't know the job and UPD doesn't have anyone who can teach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
These are grown men. The parents teach distinguishing right from wrong starting about age 5-6, extended to recognizing crime from non-crime in the ensuing home-life years up to age 17. Then a "stranger" CFB coach gets them to transfer advanced football know-how. That's it.
So if it gets to 15 kids you think Mac isn't accountable?

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I know a former ASO officer and he had an interesting take on UPD officers. He said they had a lot of education and training, but no experience and they gain very little at UF. So basically you have a bunch of people trying to prove themselves, by doing the wrong things because they don't know how to police. They know how to write tickets and recite statutes, but don't know the job and UPD doesn't have anyone who can teach.
I have seen them at bars during game weeks, specifically Friday nights checking IDs of kids walking out of places. I would hate to see how they react when something serious happens...declare marshal law???

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So if it gets to 15 kids you think Mac isn't accountable?

I don't think Mac is unaccountable, just I don't think this is just a Mac issue, this is an organizational issue. These types of things have been going on for more than one staff.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I agree, 1000%. I'm thinking one of the 9 is in trouble for the first time, and the investigator got in his head....but, this is just my opinion.

I'm really worried about a split locker room at this point over all this, what a terrible way to start the season. Mac has to figure out a way to keep this team together and not fall apart, that's why he makes over 4 million a year.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
This is the UFPD most of these guys are nole/cane/bama/uga fans..

Exactly, it has seemed like they live to take down Florida athletes. Doubt they give Mac any heads up on the matter. I keep hearing and reading they'll be more suspensions coming, I'm sure we'll find out 5 minutes before kickoff.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
I'm really worried about a split locker room at this point over all this, what a terrible way to start the season. Mac has to figure out a way to keep this team together and not fall apart, that's why he makes over 4 million a year.
Urban adopted a players leadership council, kinda like a peer group made up of upperclassman that helped police and supervise the others. I'm curious if Mac is doing something of the sort; several teams employ this strategy.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Other big schools cover it up, and you don't hear about it. Also there is some methodical downplaying of much more high profile crimes and activities by espn related media. The reasons you don't hear about things are not usually because of lack of suspension worthy issues.
Oh spare me the poor persecuted gators routine. I bet you dollars to donuts that no other team in college football is currently covering up an active credit card fraud ring within the football team comprising of 10+% of scholarship players and rising. And when schools and players are involved in that stuff it gets exposed and they get sanctioned badly. Miami with shapiro, bowden and the fake classes scandal, bama was on probation from stallings, the list goes on. Seriously, grow up and quit acting like a victim.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Urban adopted a players leadership council, kinda like a peer group made up of upperclassman that helped police and supervise the others. I'm curious if Mac is doing something of the sort; several teams employ this strategy.

I don't know if that is the best example of how to run discipline, there was a lot covered up by "injuries" during Meyers time at HC.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Calloway just before he and his boys met at Springs to discuss how they were going to defraud UF
tumblr_n320zkkygn1sv7laoo1_500.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not that it really matters at this point who turned Scarlett and Wells in, but my money is on a team mate who is already caught up in the investigation....maybe someone who is trying to get a reduced charge through cooperation?
Ding Ding Ding.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that UF administrators should have known enough about the temptation to do fraud and thus should have a foolproof way of providing these funds. These guys have proven themselves deceitful guys, thieves. You are correct, Augusta, in pointing out that high-standards University administrators should know that many "first-away from home" adventurers will succumb to such "laid-out" temptation. Hell, don't they remember their lessons on those sociological experiments on the "money-stuffed" wallet dropped on the sidewalk?

Whatever student turned them in, may have felt pangs at subourning theivery. They honored UF's honor-code?... or computerized tracking may have uncovered the caper.

However, I am not just addressing this from the CFB-Program angle. This is about honesty, a characteristic ingrained within the lenghthy parental guidance years. What is it, 80% of 17-22 year olds don't even go to college, to be caressed by coaches. Wouldn't you like for them to turn out honest, knowing it's wrong to misappropriate funds (steal)? Many of them will be handling larger sums of other peoples' money, our money.

Besides, these deceitful fellows can cover up and keep secrets very well, seeing that they commit shameful acts (or should-be shameful acts) without guilt. Acts they need to hide from honorable folks. UF still has an Honor Code and I'm sure this is a violation of that, and of societal laws, etc.etc.
I was not disagreeing just adding an also. You are correct these grown men should not have done this nor should they have been allowed to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator