Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have seen them at bars during game weeks, specifically Friday nights checking IDs of kids walking out of places. I would hate to see how they react when something serious happens...declare marshal law???
Well they had that hostage situation a few years ago and they just called ASO or GPD, I forget which. Outside of harassing people, they aren't good for anything

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The offseason was way too quiet, but they're tryin to make up for it. Every time we even think about turning the corner to being a good program again something comes up. Hopefully this is a one game deal for most of these guys and we can move on. If Scarlett and Wells are the last of the suspensions I still like our chances v Michigan. We weren't gonna beat them running it 30 times with Scarlett. Perine, Davis, And Thompson are more than serviceable backups. I jus hope what Crucial said on a podcast is true about this adversity bringing the team closer and focusing the team, but hard not to think this isn't a major distraction at the worst possible time. Cool playing prime time first game of the season but I'm really missing the UMASS' of the world right about now.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Have you heard the numbers?

just keep hearing "more", tip of the iceburg and going to hurt.
Right now it's looking pretty f*cking bad and who knows how many more will get caught up in it. However i do know for a FACT that one of the players who got caught up in the initial round of suspensions has turnt on his team and is telling on everyone else. He's the reason Scarlett is now on the shelf :eek3:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So now for all the "we don't cheat" and holier-than-thou crowd (i.e. "...we're UF, we don't use a bagman. But all other programs do...." or "...we're too good to cheat..." etc), you can shove that sh*t up your ass. Our program is as out of control as ANY program in college football. Our head coach hasn't a clue about discipline. Our players are selfish and arrogant AF (see twitter). This is a rogue program. Bottom line.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
. However i do know for a FACT that one of the players who got caught up in the initial round of suspensions has turnt on his team and is telling on everyone else. He's the reason Scarlett is now on the shelf :eek3:

This is good. We do not want UF playing ineligible players. That can really come back and bite you.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I jus hope what Crucial said on a podcast is true about this adversity bringing the team closer and focusing the team
The entire team could be caught redhanded snorting a kilo of coke and appleturd would find a way to spin it positively. C'mon man. :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Right now it's looking pretty f*cking bad and who knows how many more will get caught up in it. However i do know for a FACT that one of the players who got caught up in the initial round of suspensions has turnt on his team and is telling on everyone else. He's the reason Scarlett is now on the shelf :eek3:

Even if a player "turnt" on the program, the investigation would have found this out. Any other player that was involved should go ahead and fess up. In fact, I would hope they have been told to step forward or consequences will be worse if they are discovered at a later date to have been involved. Although, w/ the poor leadership at the top that may not have happened. I'm surprised it took this long for them to find Scarlett and Wells. We have 10+% of our scholarship players stealing from the program, and many of them are freshman! WTF is going on down there! Every Gator fan should be embarrassed of this mess....and all of our rivals should be having a good time with it!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So now for all the "we don't cheat" and holier-than-thou crowd (i.e. "...we're UF, we don't use a bagman. But all other programs do...." or "...we're too good to cheat..." etc), you can shove that sh*t up your ass. Our program is as out of control as ANY program in college football. Our head coach hasn't a clue about discipline. Our players are selfish and arrogant AF (see twitter). This is a rogue program. Bottom line.

No UF is NOT cheating in this case. UF is suspending players caught trying to get extra benefits. Pretty much every program has poor kids who are looking for benefits where ever they can get them. The difference in programs are those that stop penalize such behavior and those that try to look the other way.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The entire team could be caught redhanded snorting a kilo of coke and appleturd would find a way to spin it positively. C'mon man. :lol:
I'm looking for every possible thing to keep me from puling my hair out. I'm down to Crucial quotes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No UF is NOT cheating in this case. UF is suspending players caught trying to get extra benefits. Pretty much every program has poor kids who are looking for benefits where ever they can get them. The difference in programs are those that stop penalize such behavior and those that try to look the other way.

Dude, they got caught! Period. This is a lack of discipline and lack of control over the program. Sure, there are "a few bad apples" at every program.....we now have more than 10% of our scholarship players stealing from the university and putting their eligibility at risk. THEY are cheaters...what's the difference? "UF doesn't cheat....but our players do!"

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Dude, they got caught! Period. This is a lack of discipline and lack of control over the program. Sure, there are "a few bad apples" at every program.....we now have more than 10% of our scholarship players stealing from the university and putting their eligibility at risk. THEY are cheaters...what's the difference? "UF doesn't cheat....but our players do!"

There is a huge difference when it comes to dealing with the NCAA.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At some point it moves past individual and onto team/program. Then it becomes a staff issue just as much as a player one. What point is that exactly? 10% of the team? 20%? I dunno, but if the shoe was on a different team's foot I'm sure that at 10% of scholarship players and growing, we'd all be agreeing that it had passed whatever that point was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.