Credit Card Fraud Update: Smith and Telfort Gone

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When I was a kid we robbed banks but went to poor neighborhoods and passed out 20s to those that looked the hungriest. I used to make student IDs. Way back in the 70s I made one for a poor kid who could not pass the language part of the GRE. Brilliant engineer and went on to make great money in the industry. But his english was poor. The GRE was to get into more grad courses so he could stay here. Now a great (retired) American who paid WAY more in taxes than I ever would. Lock me up. Throw stones at me. Stephen in the good book was stoned too. (havent been in that state since the 70s)

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a kid we robbed banks but went to poor neighborhoods and passed out 20s to those that looked the hungriest. I used to make student IDs. Way back in the 70s I made one for a poor kid who could not pass the language part of the GRE. Brilliant engineer and went on to make great money in the industry. But his english was poor. The GRE was to get into more grad courses so he could stay here. Now a great (retired) American who paid WAY more in taxes than I ever would. Lock me up. Throw stones at me. Stephen in the good book was stoned too. (havent been in that state since the 70s)

Rob banks? Did you steal the pens? How did you get your hands on 20s? You told me you used to pick watermelons.

So you made a fake ID so somebody else could take the language part of the GRE for him?

Alex.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Rob banks? Did you steal the pens? How did you get your hands on 20s? You told me you used to pick watermelons.

So you made a fake ID so somebody else could take the language part of the GRE for him?

Alex.
ADG gonna nitpick... :dunno: what else is new :lol:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Rob banks? Did you steal the pens? How did you get your hands on 20s? You told me you used to pick watermelons. I did it all. We stayed busy in the summer

So you made a fake ID so somebody else could take the language part of the GRE for him? No cross examinations in here, counselor. I am done with that story.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
What's the statute of limitations for bank robbery? :)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh i agree, and it wouldn't shock me if none of them actually got hit with felonies, but that isn't the point. It's what 22 is trying to make the point because its a distraction from the real issue. Any number of them could cop to lesser crimes for reduced penalties/charges, or be let off completely via probation or monetary punishment. All very true. But what they were involved with was calculated and is a legitimate crime. 22 doesn't want to talk about that b/c it detracts from his Mac is amazing and has the program in great shape narrative. He wants you to view everything through the lens of a felony charge being levied b/c he knows most of them will get off easy. His actual point in this thread is to make people believe that unless lots of felony charges occur, there's nothing at all to this. It just simply isn't so. No felony charges could be levied and its still a big deal b/c of the amount of people in the locker room involved with it, and because it was a calculated scheme to defraud.
They may have calculated, but they are bad at math

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

giphy.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a teenager we used to get into the drive-in theater by hiding in the trunk. There were usually four of us involved. At the time, $500 was the threshold for felonies. I don't know if we did it enough times to surpass that threshold. The fact that there were four of us involved and it occurred more than once meant that in the eyes of the law it was a conspiracy to defraud.

What we did was wrong. We didn't realize it at the time due to our age and ignorance, but the owner of the theater surely needed and definitely deserved the money we should have paid. Looking back on it now, I feel badly that I was selfish enough to commit what possibly could have been deemed a felony.

We weren't smart enough to think up the scheme on our own. We had heard about others doing it and even seen it in movies. It was a fairly common thing wherever drive-in theaters existed. That doesn't justify the act, but it was part of our flawed logic at the time.

People on this board don't have to admit that they personally are doing the same thing when they deceive their employer and make them think they are earning the money they receive for work not performed. The point is that each of us at some point in our lives has in some way taken something that we did not earn or deserve.

It's easy to judge others more harshly than you would judge yourself.

Come on man. Your employer argument is one giant fail. In fact, I think I am going to show your post to my boss and get some feedback. Hang on.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it meant Mac got fired, there are many people on here who would root for a loss. If Stricklin said either you beat UM or you're fired, this would turn into GoBlueChatter.com

There might be some, I still want us to win. Just I'm not going to pretend this isn't an issue either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.