doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
For sure, if charges were never filed, it's no big deal. /22

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So if the ongoing investigation leads to a few more players getting suspended that Florida played today, would that mean if we won today, we would have to forfeit the game at a later date? Even if we played them unknowingly of their wrong doing?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So if the ongoing investigation leads to a few more players getting suspended that Florida played today, would that mean if we won today, we would have to forfeit the game at a later date? Even if we played them unknowingly of their wrong doing?
I don't think so, unless it's an eligibility issue. But i think the NCAA would be lenient since we have been so aggressive with the suspensions and cooperative with the investigation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the standard is what we knew or should have known. since we've known about it since early summer at the latest it's hard to claim we shouldn't have known about all of them. we've been burying as deeply as possible though.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
the standard is what we knew or should have known. since we've known about it since early summer at the latest it's hard to claim we shouldn't have known about all of them. we've been burying as deeply as possible though.

Well hopefully a situation like that won't come up, but with our luck lately, it'll have me worried if we were to pull out a win today.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
East is too weak and our schedule is too benefitical for an 4-8 season, but its' not a good look.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Fraud, cc crimes, are all just theft. Using an electronic card could trigger another offense. So I spend money, report it stolen and get more money. First money was never stolen, so it is fraud/theft. Personally crimes of dishonesty are a much bigger deal than weed. That said, first offenders with restitution are never prosecuted as they are sent to diversion programs.

Hopefully folks aren't using stolen cc, that is a whole nother can of worms.

Hopefully UPD has a few decent realists working on it and they don't talk with the UF deans...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fraud, cc crimes, are all just theft. Using an electronic card could trigger another offense. So I spend money, report it stolen and get more money. First money was never stolen, so it is fraud/theft. Personally crimes of dishonesty are a much bigger deal than weed. That said, first offenders with restitution are never prosecuted as they are sent to diversion programs.

Hopefully folks aren't using stolen cc, that is a whole nother can of worms.

Hopefully UPD has a few decent realists working on it and they don't talk with the UF deans...
they are just thefts but if you're suggesting the proposition that it's an attempt rather than a completed crime, I believe that the crime is complete once you report that the credit card charge was fraudulent/ card stolen.

regardless which do you think is more likely that all nine went out and got caught on their first attempt? or that this has been going on for a while? once the police and the university looked into other players reporting their card stolen what do you think they found?

I'm told the scope of this is going to be fairly large and that it certainly doesn't end with nine players.

of course we're also told theft is just like surfing the web. We'll see who's right. so far it appears that the police are continuing to investigate and that none of the players are even allowed to practice or watch film with the team. that is certainly inconsistent with reports that it was just a one-game suspension for surfing the net.

Last edited:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Among the things that bother me about this situation is what is says about "leadership" on the team. I would assume there is a ringleader(s) in the scam. Several true freshmen were involved who certainly didn't just arrive on campus and independently come up with a money making idea on their own. Some veteran on the team presented them with the idea and gave instruction on how it could be carried out.

This is not the type of leadership practiced on championship teams. Instead of upperclassmen providing motivation for building a winning program at least a few of them are providing instruction on gaming the system for personal gain. No wonder we see such a mess on the field. It starts outside the locker room, weight room, film room, practice field.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Among the things that bother me about this situation is what is says about "leadership" on the team. I would assume there is a ringleader(s) in the scam. Several true freshmen were involved who certainly didn't just arrive on campus and independently come up with a money making idea on their own. Some veteran on the team presented them with the idea and gave instruction on how it could be carried out.

This is not the type of leadership practiced on championship teams. Instead of upperclassmen providing motivation for building a winning program at least a few of them are providing instruction on gaming the system for personal gain. No wonder we see such a mess on the field. It starts outside the locker room, weight room, film room, practice field.
I honestly couldn't tell you who the leaders on the team are. just knuckleheads

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator